Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Osprey and Trout

Osprey and Trout

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.23.33/Osprey-and-Trout.jpg[/img]First I want to thank Mr Carnathan for creating The-digital-picture.com, and for putting a tremendous effort in reviewing the lenses and the DSLRs. You are a blessing to the onlinedigital photography community. May God bless you and your family in 2009. Happy New Year.

This shot was taken with 40D and 400 f/5.6L. Please let me know what you think, thanks for viewing and commenting.[]

Aperture Priority, f/5.6, 1/2000sec, ISO 250 @ El Dorado Regional Park, Long Beach, CA.

Re: Osprey and Trout

What an interesting angle on the right talons. Mostly we see shots, usually of eagles, with the talons all pointing forward. The shot is beautiful but I wonder how it would have presented with a little motion blurring, especially with regards to the water.

Keep up the good work, and God bless you and your family in this new year as well.

John

Wow, thats a great shot. Did you have to crop it more on the computer, or was 400mm(*1.6) long enough?

Wow, awesome picture, really :P

As a side note to everybody who's posting photos here, it'd be great if you could post the EXIF data as well. By that, I don't mean all of it, but the shutter speed, aperture value, focal length and ISO level at least (of course no need for fixed focal/aperture lenses when the lens model is already given). Thanks everybody!

Quote Originally Posted by Oren

...it'd be great if you could post the EXIF data as well.

Agreed, everyone always ends up asking about the lens/camera/exposure anyway.

Excellent capture, and the photo is pretty good too! [:P]

Love it.

That lens does wonders. Nice photography. I agree with the comment about the talons. Peculiar grab indeed.

Anthony: For bird photography you could never have enough focal length. For many times I wish that I had more reach. However, for thisshot the action was really close, thisis about 80% of the original image, I only had to crop a bit for artistic reason.Also I wishthe birdfaced toward me more so the left wing would not beunproportionately too long and also the head of the fish would be more visible. Thank you everyone for your nice comments, I've just added the basic technical information.

Very nice. I really enjoy the depth in the photograph--the bird and water spray stand out against the blurred background, but additionally, the right wing is jutting out of the picture in contrast to the sharp focus of the water spray behind it. Good work.

That's an awesome shot Sinh! Definitely makes me want to go find some Ospreys.

You might extended the image to the right slightly - rebuilding the tip of the wing. But I'm just being picky as this is a great shot as is.

Including the camera/lens/settings is a very good idea. I envision us creating a sticky post for each forum with suggestions for posts made within that forum. Input is always appreciated.