3 16.67%
  • JonathanHuyer

3 16.67%
  • Kayaker72

6 33.33%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Assignment #59

Assignment #59: That Home Comfortable Feel NOW VOTING

On behalf of Assignment #57 winner Pat (Conropl) I would like to annouce Assignment #59: That Home/Comfortable Feel:

As described by Pat:
    This assignment is to show a picture of something that evokes that feeling you get when you are at a place that just makes you feel at home or where you get a comforting feel. That means you not only have to present a picture, but also a short (one liner if you wish) description of why that scene or person or object gives you that felling of comfort.

Basically, I want to see shots that can be used to describe a feeling or emotion rather than just technically good.

cls
    - I get the connection to the shoreline. It is a place I go often to get away to think and get lost in the moment. I also like the way you included yourself in the shot to further the theme. And it was just a well executed and composed shot.

Jayson - Great farmland shot with the warmth of sunset. That windmill has to be something that brings back memories. I really like this... reminds me of home.

DavidWare - Relaxing at a waterfall. I've done that myself... it is very relaxing. Like cls, I like the inclusion of yourself in the shot to further the theme and add to the feel of the shot. Great looking waterfall and long exposure.

Jonathan Huyer - What a great view to wake up to. This is just a beautiful shot.

Kayaker72 - There is a reason 4 of the 5 shots had water as a main element. And silently slipping through the water with a kayak getting close to nature and animals is such a great way to spend time.

Congratulations to all the finalists. The poll will be open for 5 days.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 02-21-2014 at 10:09 AM.

I live only a few minutes' walk from the Baltic Sea. Whenever I get some time left I like to refresh myself with a walk along the shoreline. I'm not sure why, but the sea has a relaxing effect on me regardless if it's stormy with waves or calm like in this photo. (This one was trigged by remote poorly hidden in my right hand.)

Here is my reminder of home. I am from a farming/ranching community. This is the windmill on our farm. I took this about 7 years ago with an old Kodak camera. I don't get to photograph the area nearly enough.

Hi Everyone. This assignment closes tomorrow if you are interested in making a submission.

Might as well throw my hat into the mix. This place is one of my favorite places in the world, I can go there and just relax. I've napped right next to these falls, as well as brought a book and just read next to the sounds of the water. I just wish it was closer to me! A couple hundred yards or so behind me and to the left is a house, and every time I see it I just think of how amazing it must be to live right there.

Falls
    Last edited by DavidWare; 02-15-2014 at 04:05 PM. Reason: Fixing IMG tag

Great idea for an assignment, and excellent submissions so far. Here's one from the archives: We have a great view of these mountains from our picture window, and we never get tired of seeing the alpenglow at sunrise. It is a constant reminder that we live in a wonderful part of the world.

Sunrise over Ha Ling Peak, Canmore

Great shots everyone. I am going to jump into the archives as well for this one.

I imagine this one is pretty self explanatory. Put me in a kayak, on the water, in the woods and I am feeling pretty comfortable.....

small-3325 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Hi Everyone.....the poll is now open!

It is a close vote...the polls are open for one more day!!

Thanks everyone for your votes. I am honestly surprised as I thought all the photos were great.

I'll work on coming up with the next topic and get it posted. For now, Assignment #60 - Music is up and running and due by March 3rd (next Monday)

Thanks again!