So kayaker posted his Antelope Canyon pics, on Flickr which are just fantastic and drive my thoughts on the rest of the post.

I follow the directions and the links fail for me for some reason the "early returns" are here: https://www.flickr.com/photos/77760916@N05/ - my daughter and I spent a week with only 2 shooting days in Grand Tetons, which I now call my scouting trip as I have many more places to shoot when lighting would allow and She didn't like the crowds at Yellowstone.

I think many of us have had the extreme pleasure of Northern AZ, Southern Utah - Grand Canyon, Bryce, Zion, Antelope & Wire Pass Slot Canyons, the Coyote Butte complex, Paria Plateau, etc, etc.

I would really love to get 2-5 shooters on a trip to that part of the world. I know I am the absolute least skilled in the group, but man I get such a kick out of it.

Planning far enough ahead, "mid level hotel" i.e. Days Inn, etc. Rented 4 wheel drives (Coyote Butte, White Pockets, etc) this could be a fairly affordable extended weekend type effort.

Is there any traction to this idea? Or am I simply hopeless.

Mike