Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 5Ds R in stock at B&H

One last comment, I took both of the ISO 6400 jpg in to light room. Applying NR to both I was able to improve the 5Ds R jpg to a point where it was better than I could improve the 5D III. The 5Ds R still had better resolution.

I have currently 550D and noticed that once i got a bit better lens to it, it is actually pretty good performer when it comes to taking pictures at night time. What i understand from the tests you people have done, the amount of pixels i have in my hands with 5dsr gives me quite some workfield even on these night time photos. I think i found some heat signature test from different bodies and 550D performed well on those. Luckily i live in finland, so specially now in autumn/winter time gonna have proper cooling provided by nature

I haven't yet bought me the FF body, mostly due my funding delays and have had time to go throught my picture librarys to see, what i actually shoot. Found out that its either good conditions bird/nature and then chasing down the auroras when ever possible. I still think that i will go for the 5DSr to get the pixels to work with. And when it comes to auroras, i think that the ultimate sharpness is not the case on those images, atleast on my opinnion, more the colors for me.

It is really nice to see comments from real usage thank you for those =)
    Last edited by Karsaa; 10-30-2015 at 07:23 AM.

Watching this video left me with two general impressions...the 1DX really holds up.....and....lifting shadows 4-5 stops is a LOT. I can only think of a handful of images where I needed that kind of increase (and, almost always, I messed something up). So much that it is almost an insignificant test too me. But, if you want an obscene torture test looking at noise:

https://luminous-landscape.com/sony-...nd-nikon-d810/

Several of my waterfall shots even allow the highlights roll off, have deep shadows and lifting them 4 stops is well within the range that makes the photo more interesting.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I picked up a 5DsR several weeks ago (haven't told my wife yet...still working on that part) and have been putting it to good use here and there. Last week, I decided to push myself a bit, and used it on a 100-400II for a rugby match. What a blast! I had it on a Wimberley Gimbal, atop a RRS TVC-34L tripod with leveling base. Unfortunately, I bought the leveling base with a long handle with hook, so I can't get it super low, but it was still perhaps only 14" off the ground at the gimbal clamp. I shot the whole day with an Angle Finder so I could kneel over and look down, which was another challenge. I kept a 1Dx and 70-200/2.8IS plus a 1Dx and 24-70/2.8 at my side; I'd set up shop in the endzone looking north for an afternoon game, with great fall leaves in the background. The tripod meant I didn't have mobility, but the 400 and the extreme crop-ability of the 5DsR meant that it didn't matter. In my face? Grab the 24-70. Other end? Just shoot the 400 and crop later. All in all, very fun, very impressed with the results, and I suspect I got a lot more faces than the other four photographers who all shot from the sidelines.

The 5DsR has done fantastic work for lit portraits, but I expected that anyway (ISO 100...).
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.