This really does not seem to pertain to me, but it might someday, if I am shooting a lynx as it walks towards me. But this past month I was shooting birds with Mike down in Florida and just got back from vacation in Costa Rica where I had two half days primarily aimed at photography. With the birds, I was using 20 fps. But, even most of the time in FL and all the time in Costa Rica, I was shooting in "H" mode, namely, ~8 fps. I never hit my buffer in either instance.

That said, I started to wonder if it has been long enough that CFExpress Type B cards are starting to match their specified write speeds as the Sandisk ExtremePro 128 GB and 512 GB cards I have do not....far from it really.

So, for those of you with a need for speed....it looks like the latest cards are now 2-3x faster than those I bought in 2020.

Name:  CFExpress-Card-Sustained-Write-Performance-Chart March 2023.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  144.8 KB

Then, they are also running cooler.

Name:  CFExpress-Card-Temperature-Performance-Chart March 2023.jpg
Views: 103
Size:  144.7 KB

The article indicated that the Lexar Pro Diamond 512 MB, while best performing, they expect the price to come down from the $530 point it is now. Admittedly, the Prograde Gold is right in there in terms of performance and is $179 for 512 GB and $400 for 1 TB. Previously, I have stayed with Lexar or Sandisk, but Bryan is using Prograde in his reviews. Right now, I'd likely go that direction.