This was a tough one this week. Jonathan, I always love your bear pictures, but the the DOF on these two make the subjects stand out less prominently than in others you've posted.

JWEade, a great image as usual. In this case, I wonder if the extremely shallow DOF worked as well for this particular image. It has a soft, almost-watercolor look to it. It's an interesting effect, but I'd really like to know what the image would have looked like with a 1/3 or 1/2-stop narrower aperture. Also, something's throwing me off about the aspect ratio. I've gotten very used to seeing 2x3 or 4x5 images and this one looks at bit off to me. Is it in between those ratios?

Kayaker, you had the top image this week. Your documentary-style image worked for me. The human subjects and the background (Notre-Dame) are both very strong elements in the photo, making the huge DOF work well for the image. I love the lack of keystoning. Plus, the essence of the image -- entertainers in front of a landmark -- flips my expectations of re-visiting Notre-Dame on its head (I was there about 25 years ago and there were no entertainers in front of the landmark). For all these reasons, Kayaker's image gets the trophy this week.