Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
i've only used Flickr and imgur to post my shots here but i believe you can post it on flickr as a private image where others are unable to view it and still post it with bbc code like normal
Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
First off, great picture.

As for the softness, could be a number of things as I am not exactly sure how you posted. But, the forum allows 1000 pixels wide. Anything beyond that, it will compress the image. So, my current guess is that the image you tried to upload was >1000 pixel wide, and the softness you are seeing is compression artifacts from the forum software.

With flickr, this isn't an issue as you can pick your output file size. I go no larger than 1600 pixels wide. When I have in the past, I do notice some softness.

So, maybe you could try saving this as 800 to 1000 pixels wide and repost to see if it is better.

Unfortunately, the next option is the fact that the forum has a size limit for uploaded photos. I recall it being something like 196 KB. So, saving a file to fit that file size may also be causing softness. Which is another reason to have your final output be as small as possible.
Thanks guys. Wasn't sure I remembered how to post from Flickr, but it seemed to have worked. The softness that remains is on me... I was hoping no one could resist a cute kid to cover up for the lack of focus.