Thread: Bulb Timer?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    I haven't tested that myself, but I imagine it moves fast enough you have a few dark images. Its too bad they do not do something that allow you to set a time between images so you could give the flash time to recharge.
    I believe focus bracketing forces use of electronic shutter, and so far among Canon mirrorless bodies only the R3 can use flash at all with electronic shutter.

The R3 does support focus bracketing using flash. It waits for a Canon flash in the hotshoe to be fully charged before taking the next frame, but also lets you set an interval delay to allow for a 3rd party flash (including via a PC sync cord) or wirelessly-controlled Canon flashes to recycle.

https://cam.start.canon/en/C010/manu...ng-1_0280.html

Just checked my R7 and R8 manuals. Focus Bracketing doesn't support using flash at all. Nice to see that the R3 has a well thought out approach in place.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    The R3 does support focus bracketing using flash. It waits for a Canon flash in the hotshoe to be fully charged before taking the next frame, but also lets you set an interval delay to allow for a 3rd party flash (including via a PC sync cord) or wirelessly-controlled Canon flashes to recycle.

https://cam.start.canon/en/C010/manu...ng-1_0280.html
    Hot damn! I did not know that. Now I can sell my 5D III!

Now why in the world couldn't Canon do the same thing except with a traditional shutter?