Thread: Laptop died - what is the replacement

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    I have had several ASUS ROG, and presently do have the ASUS ROG Zephyrus lap top. It is very fast.
    I have had two ASUS ROG towers that were higher end. Both are still going strong. The one I bought two years ago updated to Windows 11 and has been very buggy.
    The first one I bought I had to return it to the factory. Both component wise have been exceptional, sometimes I thought they were buggy.
    I just bought a Corsair Vengeance from Best Buy for work. It is a highly rated machine, but when the first one arrived it had a big dent on the side of the panel once I unpacked it. Poor Quality Control. The second one has worked great.

I do disagree with Brant on the laptop comment, I like the fact that I have enough ports to run multiple full size monitors on the tower. Sure the laptop has a monitor and keyboard built in but I do not find it efficient if I am at the desk with multiple monitors. The other thing is extra storage. The Corsair I was able to get a 1 TB SSD and a 2 TB HDD. The ROG Zephyrus was close to the same price and only a 1 TB SSD.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    Sure the laptop has a monitor and keyboard built in but I do not find it efficient if I am at the desk with multiple monitors. The other thing is extra storage. The Corsair I was able to get a 1 TB SSD and a 2 TB HDD. The ROG Zephyrus was close to the same price and only a 1 TB SSD.
    Have you tried running multiple monitors off your laptop? When at home, my work laptop plugs into 2 additional monitors via a docking station, so I work off 3 different screens all powered by a single laptop. Even while traveling, I power a second monitor off my laptop.

As for the SSD, yep, can be an issue. Just checked Dell XPS, 2 years ago, I recall looking at a customized version with 2 x 2TB SSDs in it. That does not seem to be an option anymore, they only offer 1 TB, which is limiting for photography. Quick search on newegg, and Asus seems to have several 2TB options.

But, towers may still have their place. Two years ago, I concluded that and built one. I was just impressed by how close laptops were getting.