Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
For what it's worth, I currently own four EOS R-series cameras and I have yet to purchase an RF lens. Why?

1) I already had a decent collection of lenses before investing in mirrorless bodies.

2) Mirrorless lenses may be better in terms of size, sharpness, and technology... but EF lenses are more than adequate for my needs.

3) There are distinct benefits to using EF lenses with R bodies. The adapters allow me to use filters with lenses I could never use filters with, or otherwise easily combine filters (such as a polarizer in the adapter and a variable ND on the lens, or vice-versa) without introducing increased vignetting.

4) Great DSLR lenses are bountiful on the marketplace as photographers transition to mirrorless systems and they can be found at incredibly good prices. I recently picked up used versions of the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS II USM and EF 400mm f/2.8L IS II USM lenses. There's no way in hades I could have afforded those lenses in any other climate than what we have today.

Oh, and hi everyone. :-)
Hi Sean!!

You're absolutely right, but to me the occasion to buy new RF lenses is where they offer something different over and above the existing EF collection. An example would be the RF 600mm and 800mm f/11 - which for me at least was the first time I could justify a very long prime like that. And I can recommend the 600mm highly. For me, again, the RF 100-400mm is a highly affordable and high quality lens, and would beat even a good 2nd hand EF equivalent.