PDA

View Full Version : Red hue on Canon Pixma Pro 9000

Jayson
06-04-2009, 03:43 PM
Hopefully this question belongs in post processing.

My wife purchased a printer for my birthday and I am having a little bit of trouble getting the colors correct. Every print that I have comes out with a minor reddish hue to it. Even when I print a black and white photo it still has this hue. It is not as noticeable to everyone else, but I see it and that bothers me. I have calibrated my monitor a couple times but still keep running into the problem. I knocked back the magenta and the red when I print, but it always seems like the printer corrects this itself to the same reddish color. Anyone run into this problem? Have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Jayson

Chuck Lee
06-04-2009, 05:19 PM
What do you use to calibrate your monitor? Do you have a icc profile for your printer? Have you calibrated your printer?What application are you printing from? Please supply the technicals.

Chuck

Jayson
06-05-2009, 12:46 AM
I used the monitor calibrating software that came with my samsung monitor. I used it for both the monitor and the printer. I believe did everything right, but you never know. I used this and set up an ICC profile for both. I attempted to use Adobe gamma and came up with the same problem. I initially tried using CS3 for the printing application and when I allowed it to manage the printer, the colors came out more of a green tint. When I used the profile privided from Canon as listed on their website, it warmed up the photo too much. So I attempted to use Easy Photo Print Pro EX that came with the printer and that put the red hue on the pictures. I get the best results with this application, but have to change the images a little to get them to look correct. The red hue is noticeable to me, but no one else really sees it. I read online that others were having this problem when they were first doing the reviews of this printer, but didn't see any suggestions on correction. This is the Mark I version if that makes any difference. I would appreciate if anyone had experience with this or did have a suggestion other than what I have tried previously.

Thanks again.

Jayson

Vlad Xp
06-05-2009, 01:17 PM
Try this:

Go back to Photoshop CS3.

From file "File" select "Print". Make sure "Printer Manages Color" option is selected. This will force the printer to do its own conversion from RGB to CMYK, instead of the Photoshop.

After you hit "Print", another dialog box with "Printer Preferences" should come up.

From there dig down until you see "ICM" option (note, it will say ICM, not ICC). It will probably be hidden somewhere under "Advanced Options" section, and it's not turned on by default.

Once "Windows ICM" is enabled, proceed with printing.

I hope that will produce a more accurate output on paper.