PDA

View Full Version : What are the limitations and processes for posting pictures to share?

Kyle Webb
01-05-2009, 12:31 AM
I have been trying to post somepictures but keep getting the message that the image I am trying to post is to large. The pictures areonly 1.5 to 3 MBjpg's in size. I have not posted an image before on thisforumso perphaps I do not know the solution to the riddle on how to do it. Any pointers would be great. I can then reward you with some pictures.

Kyle

Tom Alicoate
01-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Kyle, I am not sure about the limitations of upload to this site, buttheway I do it is to click on the icon that looks like a pice of movie film, and then add a link from a website like flickr, or Pbase to your photos which have been uploaded there. I use Flickr because you can get a free account and it has a lot of features.

portej05
01-05-2009, 12:42 AM
I believe an earlier post somewhere said 1Mb per picture and 5Mb per user total upload. I suggest creating a flickr (or similar) account and linking the images from there (on the all-sizes page you can get direct links to the pictures). I upload images to flickr that are 1024 pixels on the longest edge and they are usually around 400K each.

Hope this is useful!

James

Kyle Webb
01-05-2009, 12:59 AM
Tom,

Thanks for your input, this helps alot. I was trying to post pictureswithout a Pbase or a website link.

Kyle

Kyle Webb
01-05-2009, 01:02 AM
portej05,

Thanks,I will have to reduce the size of my files to meet the 1MB limit. Thank you for your very useful input!

Kyle

Bryan Carnathan
01-05-2009, 11:08 AM
Try 800px wide for a non-cropped display.

And correct, the current limit for images hosted on this site is set to 1MB per image and 5MB total. This setting is easily changeable - and should be adequate for displaying web-sized images. I have to make sure the costs do not become prohibitive before increasing thisamount.

Feedback is always welcomed. Thanks!