PDA

View Full Version : FS Canon Rebel XTi Kit with 18-55 lens

shutr
07-19-2009, 10:07 PM
The body and lens are in like new condition. No signs of wear, no scratches, no nicks etc. If the continous counter is correct the camera has less than a thousand actuations. This deal includes: body, lens, battery, battery charger, Canon strap, USB cable, video cable, EOS digital software disk, software instruction disk, instruction manual and original box. The whole kit for $350. Money order or check. The reason I'm selling is that I want upgrade to a 5DmkII and cnn't afford to keep it as a back up. let me know if you have any questions. Thank you, Bruce

Sean Setters
07-19-2009, 10:16 PM
My advice to you is to become an active member of the community here before posting things for sale.

shutr
07-20-2009, 12:39 AM
I've been reading the posts here for severral weeks and enjoy it. I hope to be a contributor in the future. We all have to start somewhere.

Thanks

Bruce

Sean Setters
07-20-2009, 12:43 AM
True...but if you post in other threads, and build up a reputation on the forum, people will be much more likely to purchase from you. It's decent advice, but take it as you will. ;-)

Sinh Nhut Nguyen
07-20-2009, 04:03 AM
I second Sean's advice. You have a higher chance of selling your equipment if you're an active member. What you're offering I think is a very nice deal btw.

shutr
07-20-2009, 10:04 AM
I'v always shot film (Nikon equip). The Rebel was my entry intodigital . I do landscpes, nature, wildlife. Although the last couple years there has not been enough time to get serious. Then there was my recent trip to Rocky Mtn National Park. Now the exciement has returned!

Fred Doane
07-20-2009, 12:38 PM
Ipersonally wouldn'ttrust someone more just because they like to try to answer every question people have single handedly.There areseveral "photographers" that like to post on every single forumwith well over 400 posts but don't even have a single image shared for people to see there work (not naming names). What should be the minimum # of posts before we can sell something or a certain number of pictures posted because I need to startmaking comments on here so I can sell my equipment.

Fred~

brendanmcd22
07-29-2009, 03:48 PM
Is there any way you could post pictures of it on here? I'm still not sure which option I'm going with yet, but I am interested as of now. Thanks.

shutr
08-01-2009, 02:38 AM
send an email to me brucemichels@charter.net ("brucemichels@charter.net)I'll send pics to you.

Thanks,

Bruce

handcanon
08-30-2009, 01:17 PM
Rocky Mountain Nat'l Park is a great place to go. Went there for a week this summer with a college buddy and was struck by all the beauty. Man the beetle blight on the old growth forests is sad though. Good luck selling the XTi!

peety3
08-30-2009, 07:52 PM
The reason I'm selling is that I want upgrade to a 5DmkII and cnn't afford to keep it as a back up.
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Speaking from personal experience, keep saving until you can afford to keep this as a back-up, and/or buy an intermediate camera (keeping this camera for a little while) that will become a backup to your 5D2. Your new camera will come with a warranty, but no promise that it'll work perfectly for every shot for the duration of the warranty, or that Canon will keep you shooting when warranty work is needed. There were scores of folks who sold cameras after getting their 1D Mark III and had to send their baby in for 1, 2, or 3 service bulletins (including one very large <span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]recall service bulletin where there was a list, and you got called when it was your turn, and there was no promise that it'd be a convenient time to be without your baby). I sent my camera in for a service bulletin (that apparently involves replacing a washer); 16 shots after it came back, it was a brick and needed the mirror box replaced.

In a nutshell, you can't afford to not keep it (or some camera) as a back-up, IMHO.

lculpin
08-30-2009, 09:33 PM
I second peety3. My 8-month old 50D just got back from a month in Ontario and it looks like it's going straight back for another month... if I didn't have my 20D (and my old 300D... gag :P) then I woulda lost 4 or 5 jobs last month, and there's another handful I'd be short on in the near future as well (not to mention going to Vegas for PS World without a camera would REALLY suck)

shutr
09-23-2009, 09:47 AM
This camera has been sold.

Thanks to all of you that showed interest.