PDA

View Full Version : A picture tells a story.

Fouad
08-02-2009, 11:25 PM
I was at the mall today and snapped a few shots.

Here is one of a young lady who is the center of attention, on an indoor bungee cord with the father [taking her picture]and her two brothers looking on and the operator looking up at her.

Camera: 5DII

Lens: 70-200 f/2.8L

Shooting mode: shutter priority AE

Tv: 1/500

Av: 3.2

ISO: 2500

Focal length: 70mm

Metering: evaluative

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/time2time/5D%20camera/IMG_0074.jpg

------------------------------------

Here is another quick shot of a young lady out for a stroll in the mall with her mother and father as she pushes a stroller with a doll inside. She was very careful with the way she manuvered the stroller.

Tv: 1/80

Av: 2.8

Focal length: 90mm

ISO: 1000

Metering: evaluative

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v137/time2time/5D%20camera/IMG_0065.jpg

Vlad Xp
08-03-2009, 10:23 AM
Do you always take your 5D MII with a 70-200 to the mall? [:|] ? Gotta love the ISO performance on that camera, though! [Y]

Fouad
08-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I take that camera with me wherever I go. [:)]

I want to get so used to it that it's size and heft no longer bothers me. I am alreay half way there.[Y]

GAButler
08-03-2009, 11:04 AM
The mall here won't allow photography due to the supposed history of criminals casing jewelry store procedures in order to rob them. Technically the mall cannot disallow photography because while privately owned it is a public use location. They could likely define your lack of abiding the rules as disorderly conduct and get you banned but...

Not that I'd flout the rules, I used to own a kiosk there and know the mgmt. But its interesting that you have no trouble shooting there, what a great place for shot opps.

I may look further into my mall's policy.

Fouad
08-03-2009, 11:22 AM
That is interesting. I was standing next to a mall security officer in front of a shop and had my bazooka of a camera around my neck. He never gave me a second look. I also saw at least one other person with an SLR around her neck in the mall.

I also took pictures of a TV personality who was autographing her pictures in the mall and there was enough security there as well.

Yes,it appears that thankfullythis mall has no policy against the use of cameras. And I agree, a mall is a wonderful place to find interesting opportunities to snap. But since people are moving about amongst shops and amongother people and since one does not want them to become aware that someone is taking a picture, it is notalways as easy asone would like.