PDA

View Full Version : 5D Mk II and battery grip BG-e6 problem

shoukov
09-25-2009, 02:50 AM
I have a Canon 5d Mark II with my battery grip fitted (Canon BG-E6, with1 Canon LP-E6's), & the grip switched 'on', should the Main (to select shutter speed) Dial on the Camera body work, or do I need to use the Dial on the Battery Grip exclusively?

I am having some problems using the Main Dial, with the Grip connected, when the on/off switch on the grip is "on" the main speed dial on the camera won't work, is this supposed to work this way?

I have also have a 40D with the canon grip and even when the battery grip switch is on and the battery grip dial is being usedthe dial on the camera continues to work. (both dialswork perfectly)

I hope anyone could help me about this, because i find it frustrating.

Daniel Browning
09-25-2009, 04:09 AM
should the Main (to select shutter speed) Dial on the Camera body work?

Yes.

or do I need to use the Dial on the Battery Grip exclusively?

No, you should be able to use either.

the main speed dial on the camera won't work

That would be frustrating. My 5D2+BG-E6 works fine (both dials work at the same time). I don't know if there are any "home remedies" you can try before sending it in for repair. Maybe cleaning the contacts?

Good luck.

cian3307
09-25-2009, 05:32 AM
I sometimes have a similar problem with my 400D and BG-E3 grip. The main dial on the camera sometimes won't operate when the grip is switched on. Switching the grip on and off a couple of times fixes it, but its a real nuisance.

Dallasphotog
09-25-2009, 11:30 AM
Reinforcing what Dan said. I have the 5DMKII and BG-E6 and I'm not seeing any ill effect on the controls. Like you, I run with a single battery when not shooting weddings and it doesn't aletr the operation.

Clean, tighten, retry....???

shoukov
09-25-2009, 01:09 PM
Thanks to all for your responses, I tried another BG-E6 from a friend and it works fine. The problem mustbe thatmy BG-E6 is defective, I will take it to the Canon Repair Center because it's stillcovered bywarranty.

I really appreciatte you all for taking the time to solve my issue!!!

Best regards!!!