PDA

View Full Version : How long it takes from 5D Mark II to switch into live view mode?

John Rambo
09-26-2009, 06:19 AM
I had to go out from the house for few minutes and left my camera to the couch. I came home and my camera was on the floor :/ 1 year olds are worst enemies of expensive stuff. Anyways, I don't see any damage in the case and it seems to take pictures normally.. but I don't remember how long it took to switch into live view mode before. Now it takes 1,5-1,7 seconds and that seems a little slow to me. Is that normal speed?

Oren
09-26-2009, 07:10 AM
I don't have a 5D mk2 but my 50D switches into live view within about 1.5 - 1.7 seconds. I don't know if what you mentioned was a rough estimation or not but I've just taken my 50D and a stopper and actually timed the whole process and got 1.5 - 1.7 seconds after few tests. Take into account that 1.5 seconds is pretty fast for a human and there is probably some error in this, so the actual time is probably 1.5 seconds or less (but not much less). To make a long story short - if you take your 5D mk2 and a stopper and actually measure the times, anything around 1.5 - 2 seconds seems to be 100% fine for me.

John Rambo
09-26-2009, 07:34 AM
Thanks for the reply. I timed it with a stopwatch three times and got 1.7 seconds every time. Well, I think I was lucky and my camera didn't take any damage :)

Oren
09-26-2009, 03:56 PM
Lucky you. Who leaves the house and leave the camera on the couch?

G Thomas
10-03-2009, 02:13 PM
I leave mine on couches, chairs, etc, but I don't have kids or pets. :)

When are you guys starting/stopping time? When I hit the button on my 5D2, mine goes into LiveView in about 1 sec. I can definitely take a picture in under 2 seconds. Am I timing it wrong?

John Rambo
10-03-2009, 02:24 PM
Hit the start button same time you hit the liveview button and stop it when the picture appears to the lcd.

Oren
10-03-2009, 03:08 PM
Hit the start button same time you hit the liveview button and stop it when the picture appears to the lcd.
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Exactly, that's what I did. Of course you can't do this with perfect timing, but try to do the best that you can.