PDA

View Full Version : FA/FS: -As New- Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM and Speedlite 270EX

Vince
11-30-2009, 03:56 AM
Hello All,

I am selling following items:

-As New- Canon EF 70-200mm f4 L IS USM, currently on ebay auction150393386522. In this auction including <span style="color: #002cfd;"]<span style="font-family: Arial;"]B+W 67mm MRC UV Filter, B+W 67mm CPL filter (Circular Polarizer) Made in Germany and<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]Canon Tripod Mount Ring A II (W). Starting bid $1300AUD and it will finish soon, so don't miss it.

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]I am in Australia, any question please e-mail airvincent@yahoo.com ("airvincent@yahoo.com)

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]Express shipping within Australia AUD$15

<span style="font-family: Arial; color: #002cfd;"]Normal Worldwideshipping AUD$25 (EMS express AUD$45)

-As New- Canon Speedlite 270EX, not in ebay but like to sell it for $170AUD including shipping

I am using Paypal Thanks !

msmaneri1991
11-30-2009, 04:52 AM
Best of luck to you in selling this but it seems odd to have a "starting" bid of roughly 1,200us for a lens that could be bought new for 1127.90$

Vince
11-30-2009, 07:16 AM
<span style="font-family: Times New Roman; font-size: small;"]Please note the auction come with B+W 67mm MRC UV filter + 67mm PLC filter + Canon tripod ring and lens only 4 months old, which means still under warranty. Its good deal :)

neuroanatomist
11-30-2009, 07:20 AM
The accessories (B+W UV/CPL and tripod ring) in the 'kit' above retail for a combined total of ~US$250. Besides...the best price is always 'what a buyer will pay'! Vince - might want to specify if the CPL is MRC or not (from your post, I'd assume not).

Vince
11-30-2009, 07:52 AM
Sorry its MRC 67mm CPL :P

By the way I believe camera relate items in US selling much more cheaper~ compare to Australia camera shops~

I believe $1300AUD still good price offer for friends worldwide :)

$1300AUD = around $1185USD (good price for all up, lens, 2x filters and Canon tripod ring)

Mark Elberson
12-04-2009, 08:29 PM
The rules for using this forum include:

No price policing - you may not comment on the seller's asking price unless they explicitly ask.

Vince
12-04-2009, 09:15 PM
Lens SOLD thanks guys !

Still selling Speedlite 270EX~

Oren
12-04-2009, 09:16 PM
Bryan - so far, I honored the "no price policing" thingy simply because this was one of the rules in your rules list, but I must admit that it bugged me many times before and didn't make much sense to me.

Is there a chance that this rule will be changed or better yet - delete it altogether?

After all, we are not buying used gear because we prefer used gear with unknown history and 0 days warranty over brand new gear with full period of warranty from reputable dealers such as B&amp;H or Adorama. We buy it to save money - big money.

So it doesn't make sense when people offer their used gear with funny prices like less $10 from the price of the same item brand new.

And last thing to support my point - freedom of speech.

Mark Elberson
12-04-2009, 09:38 PM
Bryan - so far, I honored the "no price policing" thingy...

Oren,

Bryan wasn't actually chiming in. I just quoted his original post from where he created the Buy/Sell forum because I felt that Vince was getting beaten up a little bit. I understand how you feel but I have to agree with Bryan on this one. For the most part I'd have to say that the people who are selling here aren't looking to scam anyone. They are just looking to sell their gear for what they feel is a reasonable price. Sometimes that doens't seem reasonable to everyone but if you don't like the price then don't buy it. I guess when people see a price that "appears" to be on the high side they feel the responsibility to call them out on it whether it be for the protectionof a less savy shopper or just for the sake of bustin' chops. Don't get me wrong, I don't want to see anyone on this forum (or anywhere else for that matter) "taken" but I am a firm believer of caveat emptor. Other than that, items that are priced to high will probably sit and never sell. That should aleart the seller that his/her price may be a little off kilter.

I'm certainly not preaching to you Oren. I'm just explaining myself :-)

neuroanatomist
12-04-2009, 10:06 PM
Pricing on used gear is a funny thing. Sometimes, the weirdness extends to refurbished items as well. Which would you prefer - something that was defective and repaired, or something brand new?

Tonight's price, from Amazon:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2496/4158580479_fe1edef0dd_o.png

...and a refurbished version from Adorama:

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2781/4158580477_11a562ebca_o.png

What a deal!!

Mark Elberson
12-05-2009, 08:48 PM
Pricing on used gear is a funny thing. Sometimes, the weirdness extends to refurbished items as well. Which would you prefer - something that was defective and repaired, or something brand new?
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

If it's from a reputable dealer like Adorama I think I'd almost always prefer refurbished since I know that it's been inspected by a technician and meets factory specifications.

Bryan Carnathan
12-07-2009, 12:21 PM
Oren,

I gave some thought to your suggestion over the weekend. At this point, I want to maintain the "no price policing" policy here, but - I also understand and appreciate where you and your good heart are coming from.

I know it is not the same response as you desire, but I added a couple of short paragraphs under this policy in the USE OF THIS FORUM (/forums/p/1123/7768.aspx#7768]<span style="color: #000000;) post emphasizing the need for the buyer to research the price that is fair to him and his locale. Hopefully this helps. And remember, items priced too high will not sell.

With regards,

Bryan

neuroanatomist
12-07-2009, 01:22 PM
If it's from a reputable dealer like Adorama I think I'd almost always prefer refurbished since I know that it's been inspected by a technician and meets factory specifications.

The $1700 price for a new copy of the lens on Amazonisfrom Adorama (and a couple of other vendors also at that price, with free shipping, too). So, for the same costfrom the same reputable vendor, would you choose new or refurbished?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2766/4166854434_b3a4b4fa88_o.png

Oren
12-07-2009, 01:30 PM
Ok Bryan - I respect that.

Just out of curiosity, what's the reason behind this policy?

Mark Elberson
12-07-2009, 01:46 PM
The $1700 price for a new copy of the lens on Amazonisfrom Adorama (and a couple of other vendors also at that price, with free shipping, too). So, for the same costfrom the same reputable vendor, would you choose new or refurbished?

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2766/4166854434_b3a4b4fa88_o.png

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

refurbished

neuroanatomist
12-07-2009, 02:10 PM
refurbished

Ok - thanks for the tip! I would likely go for the brand new one, on the theory that something that broke once is more likely to break again. But, it makes perfect sense that refurbs have actually been performance tested, instead of just rolling off the line and subject to the usual failure rate.

ShutterbugJohan
12-07-2009, 07:06 PM
refurbished

Ok - thanks for the tip! I would likely go for the brand new one, on the theory that something that broke once is more likely to break again. But, it makes perfect sense that refurbs have actually been performance tested, instead of just rolling off the line and subject to the usual failure rate.
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

At the same price, I would buy new.

Rodger
12-07-2009, 09:52 PM
Just an observation:

It may not be "price policing" if a member were to DM/PM/start a "conversation" with the seller asking about the price. I think (but do not know for sure) that public "price policing" may have the ability to turn the community against the seller. Obviously that is a bit radical of an example as I doubt anyone here will be taking up their torches and pitchforks over a price on used gear, but in my perspective, the "price policing" rule just keeps the seller safe from public scrutiny. To get cheesy, "Critique images, not prices" (unless the prices are from Canon and it's after they raise them by 10% grrrr).

Just my point of view. haha Bryan may (and probably does) have other reasons for the rule!

-Rodger