PDA

View Full Version : SOLD FS CANON EF 24-70 mm f/2.8L USM (BRAND NEW)

dj 7th
12-30-2009, 09:07 AM
I have a brand new 24-70 mm f/2.8L USM lens for sale to interested members of the forum. Preferably to someone that can pick it up in or around Washington DC/Maryland. I happened to be home in Maryland on leave and would be leaving for Guam within the next 10 days, so I ordered this Lens from Dell because I have a Dell card but it showed that it would not ship till 15th January, so I ordered another one from Amazon, by the time I went back to cancel at Dell it was miraculously shipped. So I ended up with 2 of the same lenses that I received yesterday and I would rather not deal with having to return to Dell if I am going back on deployment in another 10 days.

I will sell $120 less than present B&H price of $1279 which makes it $1159.

Thanks

PS: Maybe I will consider trading for a Canon EF 85 f/1.2L USM, seriously I will consider it. LOL

alexniedra
12-30-2009, 09:44 AM
Nice lens!

But I'm sure many members of the forum would like to get to know you a little bit better. It's often suggested that new members that are selling items on the forum actively participate in the other shooting and technique-related threads. That way people realize that you're an active member, and, consequently, probably see you as more trustworthy and viable than someone with only 1 or two posts.

I noticed you have a bit more than the aftermentioned "1 or 2 posts". You're on a good start - I just wanted to run this by you.

Cheers

Alex

dj 7th
12-30-2009, 10:36 AM
Thanks Alex.

I am aware of this and intend to participate more. I actually went way back with Bryan before the forum started, back in late 2006 or early 2007 when I started to go into serious digital stuff. I used to e-mail him and he was kind enough to point me into the right direction. You can imagine how many e-mails from a confused amateur going from beginner film to digital. I am in the Navy (On sea duty) and it really gets hard to find time to participate even if you really want to.

However I was about to list this item on ebay and I thought it would be better to start with the forum.

I got my first 24-70 mm in 2007 and shot some pictures with it and decided to sell it and to get the 24-105 because of it's IS. After getting the 24-105, I realized that the problem was not the 24-70 but me so I planned to add the 24-70 to my line up again someday. My confidence in photography shot up within the past one year and I am heading towards the Pro designator. I concentrate on portraiture and landscape photography but a lot in between.

Right now my camera and lens gear includes the following

5D MARK II

50D

EF 16-35 mm f/2.8L

EF 24-70 mm f/2.8L

EF 24-105 mm f/4L IS

EF 70-200 mm f2.8L IS

EF 100-400 mm f/4.5-5.6L IS

EF 100 mm f/2.8L Macro

Sean Setters
12-30-2009, 11:04 AM
Wow...he does sound pretty trustworthy. Plus, he did request a local buy, and under those circumstances you can check out the merchandise in person before purchase (in which case the only thing you have to worry about there is theft, but that's no different than any second-hand purchase). We certainly appreciate the fact that you understand our concerns and weren't offended by the suggestion to participate more. If I were in the market for that particular lens, I don't think I would be uncomfortable dealing with you.

We're glad you're here, and we look forward to reading your contributions to our community (whenever you can, of course). And we certainlyappreciate your service to our country...

dj 7th
12-30-2009, 11:14 AM
Thanks, the 24-70 aside, I will make it a point to contribute regularly.

alexniedra
12-30-2009, 10:12 PM
Awesome. I personally love that lens - I'm sure you'll love it too. Good luck with your sale!

Rodger
12-30-2009, 11:50 PM
Ahh! That is going to be my next lens! Sadly, I don't have the money at the moment!

Best of luck to you!

When I get the money I'll check back with you to see if it's still up for sale.

-Rodger

dj 7th
01-04-2010, 12:26 PM
Thanks everyone, I listed the lens on e-bay today and was sold with buy it now within the first one hour. Paypal fees and e-bays fees are a pain though.