PDA

View Full Version : 7D Video: Wii Madden

Sean Setters
02-26-2010, 07:42 PM
I thought I'd share this video that I shot last week. I finally got around to piecing it together and uploading it to Youtube.

[View:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P-SlLSHrq00:640:360]

This was my workflow:

Shot clips using 7D. Light came from a (now discontinued) 1000 Watt Steve Kaeser continuous light which was diffused by an umbrella. The newer version of the light can be found here ("http://www.skaeser.com/servlet/the-784/1000-WATT-HALOGEN-QUARTZ/Detail).

Converted the video to AVI using MPEG_Streamclip (great free software) I actually converted it to half its resolution for ease of editing.

Assembled clips/created final video in Windows Live Movie Maker. Had to slightly upscale the movie to 720p resolution because of the limited saving options available in the program. Therefore, it's not the best quality, but it's not bad.

bouwy
02-26-2010, 07:54 PM
You are good Sean. I enjoyed the show. What lens did you use.[I] Regards, Wally

Sean Setters
02-26-2010, 08:03 PM
I used the 17-55 f/2.8 IS on a tripod (I assume it was set to 17mm because of the distortion visible in my co-actor when he's on the far right of the frame...he's not really that heavy in real life). ;-)

bouwy
02-26-2010, 08:20 PM
Hi Sean

Besides storing my photos on ext H/D, making prints etc, I also make video clips.

Here's a link where I place some of my video album clips:

http://www.photodex.com/sharing/viewalbum.html?alb=0&bm=159560&mode=thumbnails

Please note that you could be ask to download a plug-in (its safe) and
right click on the album selected to view it in full glory.

It will take around 5/10 seconds to open the show pending on your connecting speed.

To make these albums, I used photos, video clips (made with Canon S2 IS point & shoot camera) mixed with some editing programs.

Have a look & let me know what you think. [~] Thanks Wally

Sheiky
02-27-2010, 06:14 AM
Whaha brilliant! I have no clue what I'm watching exactly, but I like it [:P] It's kinda cool to make a video with your dslr isn't it? [:D]

Oh by the way Sean, you do it probably unintentionally but you look a lot into the camera [;)]

Sheiky
02-27-2010, 06:16 AM
Oh yes 1 question. Did you use the build-in mic or an external? Sounds pretty good to me [:)] I only shot a few clips outside and it sounds like the wind is really gushing trough my camera [:P]

piiooo
02-27-2010, 10:17 AM
Honeslty, I was expecting another "How to..." video, but this one is even better LOL.I have to say, I can easily identify myself with the actors [:D]

Sean Setters
02-27-2010, 11:10 AM
Whaha brilliant! I have no clue what I'm watching exactly, but I like it /emoticons/emotion-4.gif It's kinda cool to make a video with your dslr isn't it? /emoticons/emotion-2.gif

Oh by the way Sean, you do it probably unintentionally but you look a lot into the camera /emoticons/emotion-5.gif
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Hey now, I thought I only caught myself looking at the camera once (maybe twice). Keep in mind the TV screen was directly behind the camera (in fact, the camera and tripod were blocking a bit of the sensor bar for the Wii. We actually couldn't see the lower-center part of the field because of the camera. :-)

Sheiky
02-27-2010, 02:32 PM
Hey now, I thought I only caught myself looking at the camera once (maybe twice). Keep in mind the TV screen was directly behind the camera (in fact, the camera and tripod were blocking a bit of the sensor bar for the Wii. We actually couldn't see the lower-center part of the field because of the camera. :-)

From my point of view I can't really say if you are looking at the screen or at the camera. Then your camera must be at the right side of your tv, from your point of view? What I can say is that you seem to look more towards the camera(or the tv from your point of view) than your friend does.

Oh and at 4:02 it's quite obvious [:P] at least from my point of view [;)]

Happily awaiting a new episode [Y]

Jan