PDA

View Full Version : RC-5 or equivalent. What do you use!?

TakahiroW4047
06-30-2010, 07:41 PM
I'm looking for a remote wireless trigger for my 7D. I want a decent range and the ability to trigger AF as well.

I thought the RC-5 would be a decent choice for me. It's cheap and it does it's job (The inability to trigger from behind the camera is not too cumbersome as it's for self-portraits).

The RC-5 is backordered on Adorama, and B&H doesn't sell them anymore as it says it is "Discontinued". Is there an alternative model out by canon, or an equally capable (and cheap) alternative that everyone uses?

What do you all use and recommend?? [:)]

TakahiroW4047
06-30-2010, 07:44 PM
Dumb me [:P]

I just realized that there is an RC-6 haha

Anyone have any experience with these??

neuroanatomist
06-30-2010, 08:50 PM
The RC-1 works just fine with my 7D.

Sheiky
07-01-2010, 09:07 AM
Dumb me /emoticons/emotion-4.gif

I just realized that there is an RC-6 haha

Anyone have any experience with these??

Haha [:D] I have bought the RC-6 about 2 weeks ago for my 5D2 and I love it!

Works like a charm, haven't used it very often, but I assume you'll only use it occasionally as well.

It's by far the cheapest and easiest remote. Works great!

Jan

Sheiky
07-01-2010, 09:09 AM
Oh and it does maintain AF.

It has a switch to use direct shutter or 2-sec delayed shutter.

It's very small, so if you hold it right, you wouldn't even notice it in most photos.

It comes with a handy "bag" which you can attach to your neckstrap...very cool![H]

TakahiroW4047
07-01-2010, 01:47 PM
It's very small, so if you hold it right, you wouldn't even notice it in most photos.

Good to know!! All the product shots were placed on white background so I had no visual reference to how big they were.

Thank!! I just ordered them. No more running, diving and awkward deer in the headlights look when I know that I didn't quite make it in time [;)]

Sheiky
07-01-2010, 02:09 PM
Have fun with it!

Here's some more info if you need it:http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/Reviews/Canon-RC-6-Wireless-Remote-Review.aspx ("http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/Reviews/Canon-RC-6-Wireless-Remote-Review.aspx)

Oh and I also figured out how to start video-ing with it. Put your camera in live-view modus and use the 2 sec delay trigger to start video.

Awesome![:D]