PDA

View Full Version : Canon Rebel XS upgrade program to a Canon 50D (and protection plans)

powers_brent
07-11-2010, 06:32 PM
I was looking into upgrading my Canon Rebel XS since it just quit on me the other day. Canon has a deal where I trade in the XS for a refurbished 50D for $669 (body only). So one, do you think it's a good deal.

If I do this though I want to have a reassured mind that my camera will be fine. Are there any places that you are familar with that would be good to purchase a protecton plan from? BH has the "NEWSAGEMAX Protection Plans." Anybody heard anything on those? Is it possible to get a protection plan on a refurbished gear?

powers_brent
07-14-2010, 01:16 AM
So aside from the Canon Loyalty Program opinions (I made the dive), what do any of you know about good protections plans?

btaylor
07-14-2010, 07:49 AM
Sorry mate I'm not sure. I will say though that I had a 3 year extended warranty with Mack and it took me forever to get a claim through when my 40D died. They weren't very helpful to be honest.

Ben

peety3
07-14-2010, 10:35 AM
I have two Canon-refurbished 7D bodies. They're both fine. Canon wouldn't let them out the door if they weren't.