PDA

View Full Version : Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Distagon T* ZE Lens Review

Bryan Carnathan
08-03-2010, 04:39 PM
Discuss the Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Distagon T* ZE Lens Review ("http://www.The-Digital-Picture.com/Reviews/Zeiss-21mm-f-2.8-ZE-Distagon-Lens-Review.aspx) - tell us what you think of the Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 Distagon T* ZE Lens.

Gian Luca
08-06-2010, 07:04 AM
<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]I love this lens and it is today the most used wide angle lens for me. Colors and details are really impressive at 2.8. For me the distortion is not a big problem, as I shoot mainly landscapes with it, and I find myself using this lens more and more often indoor during party or group pictures. I use very seldom the 14 L II since I purchased the Distagon.<o:p></o:p>

<span style="font-family: 'Verdana','sans-serif'; color: black; font-size: 9pt;"]Bryan I would like to make a little comment on your review concerning the use of the lens hood. You can fit the hood in 3 position, and in 2 of them you will have the hood visible inyour shotas you mentioned, but it is easy to select the right position without looking into the camera, simply aligning a little black dot on the lens with a little white dot on the hood. <o:p></o:p>

Bryan Carnathan
08-06-2010, 12:30 PM
Gian,

I'm glad you are finding the Zeiss 21mm f/2.8 ZE Lens to be great for your needs - thanks for sharing your experience with us.

You are of course correct about the small alignment dots - I'll mention this in the review.

Bryan

Jorundr-Jorgensen
08-06-2010, 01:43 PM
Thank you for reviewing my #1 dream lens! I've been saving up for this forever.. I plan to use it for long exposure landscape shots.

Once again, thank you Bryan. It's a pleasure to read.