PDA

View Full Version : Photokina

ddt0725
09-21-2010, 09:45 PM
Hi All -

This is my first time following the happenings @ Photokina. Will Canon still announce any new lenses this week or is this it?! I thought there was talk of other lenses coming out stillbut so far, it looks like just what we had already heard about from Bryan over the last few weeks.

Denise

Sean Setters
09-21-2010, 10:31 PM
Canon could possibly announce the the 1Ds Mark IV, but some reports suggest that won't happen for a while. Who knows, though?

ddt0725
09-21-2010, 11:34 PM
Canon could possibly announce the the 1Ds Mark IV, but some reports suggest that won't happen for a while. Who knows, though?
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Yeah, I thought there would be another camera announced and a couple more lenses. I didn't know if it all happens on opening day or throughout the week.

We'll see, I guess. Not that I have any major cash flow right now anyway :(

Denise

bob williams
09-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Yeah, I thought there would be another camera announced and a couple more lenses. I didn't know if it all happens on opening day or throughout the week.

We'll see, I guess. Not that I have any major cash flow right now anyway :(

I am with you Denise, Though I am not in a position to buy right now, Its always fun to add to my B&amp;H wish list.

Bob

Sheiky
09-22-2010, 10:00 AM
I'm following the news as well, no big news from Canon so far. We'll see, but I don't have high expectations of major announcements from Canon...

There are some other nice announcements though...pretty cool to follow [:D]

Kayaker72
09-22-2010, 11:14 AM
This is my first time following the happenings @ Photokina. Will Canon still announce any new lenses this week or is this it?!

Hi Denise,

My first time following Photokina too. I don't know if you've been over to canonrumors.com or dpreview.com, but they have some nice reports. Following their forums a little, canon users don't appear to be too happy. I think everyone was expecting, or at leasthoping, for some additional announcements that don't seem to be coming. But as one person pointed out, 5 new lenses is pretty much a typical year for canon. Too bad that it appears that no one was looking for any of the new lenses [:(]. So hopefully the other four new lenses are as much of a hit as the 70-200 f/2.8 IS II. People do seem impressed by a picture of someone holding the 400 mm f/2.8 IS II in one hand. So the weight reduction appears palpable.

Brant

neuroanatomist
09-22-2010, 11:27 AM
no big news from Canon so far

Obviously, you missed the MOST IMPORTANT new product from Canon...the X Mark I Mouse ("http://www.canon.co.uk/For%5FHome/Product%5FFinder/Calculators/Recycled/X%5FMARK%5FI%5FMOUSE/). It's a calculator. It's a mouse. It's got Bluetooth. It's made from recycled Canon copiers. It's freakin' awesome!!

[:P]

Yves
09-22-2010, 12:02 PM
The press release of Canon Deutschland for the photokina 2010 from 9/14 headline is: "Canon autumn collection". Any further new items were announced before on the canon website. After that, I won'texpect new announcements on photokina...

Sheiky
09-24-2010, 12:01 PM
no big news from Canon so far

Obviously, you missed the MOST IMPORTANT new product from Canon...the X Mark I Mouse ("http://www.canon.co.uk/For%5FHome/Product%5FFinder/Calculators/Recycled/X%5FMARK%5FI%5FMOUSE/). It's a calculator. It's a mouse. It's got Bluetooth. It's made from recycled Canon copiers. It's freakin' awesome!!

/emoticons/emotion-4.gif

Haha! To be honest...that thing is pretty cool [8-|]