PDA

View Full Version : No 1Ds Mark IV anymore but a 5 D Mark III instead.

Roland Scheiner
01-04-2011, 03:15 PM
<h2>

<li class="time"]November 9, 2010
<li class="category"]Canon 1Ds Mark 4 (http://www.canonrumors.com/2010/11/no-1ds-iv-cr1/]No 1Ds IV? [CR1]</h2>
<div class="meta), Canon 5D Mark III ("http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-5d-mark-iii/), Canon Medium Format ("http://www.canonrumors.com/category/photography/canon-medium-format/)
<li class="comments"]<span>Comments Off

</div>
<div class="retweet"]

</div>

The hits keep on coming.

It has recently been suggested to me that there will not be a 1Ds Mark IV at all.

The 5D Mark III (or whatever it&rsquo;s called) will be aimed to take over the market for 1Ds users.

I know a couple of 1Ds3 users that are using 5D Mark II&rsquo;s most of the
time now. Both folks say if the 5D3 ups its build quality and AF,
they&rsquo;d never buy a 1Ds again. If it&rsquo;s priced at under $3000, a lot of
people will probably feel the same way.

The same person says it&rsquo;s possible that a new camera at the top of
the lineup aimed solely at the medium format market, but not a medium
format camera, will come to fruition. The design will be a radical
departure (possibly modular).

CR&rsquo;s Take

We&rsquo;ve heard rumblings about this in the past.

Canon fans say all the time that they want Canon to be &ldquo;revolutionary
again&rdquo;. However, when a rumor points to a big departure (which doesn&rsquo;t
happen frequently), it&rsquo;s generally put down for being untrue or
unrealistic.

I have a lot of trouble seeing a point to the 1Ds line as its
currently implemented, I&rsquo;d say a radical departure is a strong
possibilit <span style="color: #ff0000;"]cr

If so what would the price for a 5 D Mark III be. Or will there be a 4 D Mark I in order to keep features and price of the cameras in the right order. Let&acute;s see what comes out.

Roland Scheiner

Daniel Browning
01-04-2011, 03:42 PM
This is true! I also have a source of inside information on this that confirms the 1Ds4 is being replaced by a 5D3. Also, they

neuroanatomist
01-04-2011, 04:07 PM
No 1Ds IV? But wait, Roland...back in October, you said that you ordered one ("/photography_gear1/f/7/p/4938/42359.aspx?PageIndex=2)... [:S]

HDNitehawk
01-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I think the 1Ds IV will have the muched talked about 32mp. They will tote it to compete with Medium Format.

It will be priced accordingly at a suggested retail price of $16K, and you can buy one of the new 400mm tele to go with it for $11k and a person will be set for all his high quality 400mm imaging needs.

Now instead of comparing Canon to Nikon...we will be comparing Canon to Hasselblad

Also...I want two $10,000 cadillac

Fast Glass
01-04-2011, 05:08 PM
I also have a source of inside information on this

Were are you getting this information?

Just curious,

John.

Daniel Browning
01-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Were are you getting this information?

When I went to Japan, I met a guy nameFujio Mitarai at a sushi bar.We became good friends and he's been exchanging e-mails ever since. When I noticed that his e-mail address was "fujio.mitarai@canon.jp", I asked him if some details about future Canon developments, so he sent them to me. He's also been sending me real estate advice, such as what a good price would be in today's economy for a bridge. [;)]

neuroanatomist
01-04-2011, 05:31 PM
...and just in case Daniel-san's dry, acerbic wit was still sufficiently opaque, just for kicks try Googling the name of his 'friend' from Japan...

HDNitehawk
01-04-2011, 05:37 PM
Its a reliable source, I read it on the internet so it must be true.

I still want my $10,000 cadillac. I may need to go to a diffrent dealer in town. They were kind of rude when I called earlier and told them what I wanted.

neuroanatomist
01-04-2011, 05:52 PM
I still want my $10,000 cadillac.

Here ya go ("http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-Comfort-Co-2004-Cadillac-DeVille-Comfort-Convenience-4-6L-V8-FWD-/270686083066?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&amp;hash=item3f0625d7fa #ht_7616wt_1167)...just an afternoon's drive for you, right?

HDNitehawk
01-04-2011, 06:34 PM
<p sizset="41" sizcache="12"]Here ya go ("http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cadillac-DeVille-Comfort-Co-2004-Cadillac-DeVille-Comfort-Convenience-4-6L-V8-FWD-/270686083066?pt=US_Cars_Trucks&amp;hash=item3f0625d7fa #ht_7616wt_1167)...just an afternoon's drive for you, right?

Yahoo Maps says its a 7 hour and 9 minute drive. I bet if I call them they will deliver.

But...letsthink about this a second. For $1000 more I could have the new 400mm L II.

I just realized Canon lenses now cost more than cadillacs [:@]

Jon Ruyle
01-05-2011, 08:02 AM
...and just in case Daniel-san's dry, acerbic wit was still sufficiently opaque

Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it. [:S]

HDNitehawk
01-05-2011, 01:05 PM
and just in case Daniel-san's dry, acerbic wit was still sufficiently opaque

Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it.

It just goes to show you. When your on vacation in Japan at a sushi bar, and had a few sake you can be any one you want to be. Personally I believe everything I read on the internet, and hear at the local pub.

Fast Glass
01-07-2011, 05:08 AM
Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it. /emoticons/emotion-7.gif

I'm he might be involved in real estate, but I googled him and he is supposed to be the chief executive officer of Canon. So I guess that is pretty reliable![H]

Just to make sure were talking about the same guy does he look like this Daniel? http://www.referenceforbusiness.com/biography/images/idbb_03_img0191.jpg

John.

Steve U
01-07-2011, 05:25 AM
There are a lot of holes in Daniel

nickds7
01-07-2011, 05:36 AM
and we are getting a 24-70 2.8 IS

neuroanatomist
01-07-2011, 11:15 AM
and we are getting a 24-70 2.8 IS

Sure we are. Canon Rumors said we were in 2009, and then that it would be announced in Feb 2010...then again for Photokina. But 2011 is the year. Right? Right. Daniel, please confirm this with your source, and also please check prices on some swampland in Kansas.

Fast Glass
01-08-2011, 06:32 AM
Still waiting Daniel.[:^)]

John.

Fast Glass
01-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Well Daniel, we can only conclude from what we see that there ain

Daniel Browning
01-11-2011, 03:35 AM
Well Daniel, we can only conclude from what we see that there ain't gonna be no 5D III or 7D II. Unless you can give some solid evidence we'll just assume you've been pulling are leg.

No, no! Definitely not pulling your leg. I've just been too busy lately to repond to the thread. I have some time now, so I'll be happy to fill you in on the details.

Google says he's a noted bridge salesman based in London. I still don't get it.

I'm he might be involved in real estate, but I googled him and he is supposed to be the chief executive officer of Canon. So I guess that is pretty reliable!

That's why everything he has told me so far has turned out to be true.

Just to make sure were talking about the same guy does he look like this Daniel?

Yep, that's him.

Please put us all out of our collective misery Daniel and tell us all the Canon new product releases for the next year.

As luck would have it, last week I was visiting in Japan again and Fujiosan (as I call him) gave me the overall outline.

The first bit of big news is a 24-70 f/2.8 L IS ($2,000). We met at the same studio where they filmed the moon landings back in 1969, but everyone's already seen my video of Neil Armstrong's "landing", and I wanted to really test this lens out, so Canon let me take an early copy of this lens on assigment for a week and I snapped a few great shots of Sasquatch.

We're also looking at a 14-24 f/2.8 L IS ($2,400) released with a 500mm f/5.6 L IS ($2,700). They let me borrow a 500mm and I got a few great raw files of the Loch Ness Monster (you may have seen my earlier shots of him -- they weren't very detailed).

Unfortunately, the bridge sale I was working on fell through. I'm not worried about it though, I'm sure another buyer will come along. My other close friend, Mr. Barnum (I call him PT), said "there is another Canon rumor born every minute." [;)]

Steve U
01-11-2011, 05:02 AM
Damn it, I just let my gym membership run out and sold all my lenses.[*-)]

Here I was hoping for that 14-400mm f2.8 L IS ($????) that people in the know have been murmering about. My puny guns would have turned into mighty pythons hoisting that baby around.

Oh well, keep us posted Daniel, so far all your sauces have been impeccable. Did I spell that right?

I'll keep waiting, I know you'll come through.[Y]

Steven23
01-11-2011, 06:48 AM
I want a 14-24 :(

Fast Glass
01-11-2011, 07:22 PM
What is the rough time frame for the 7D II and 5D III? Do they have RAW videos? And whats the resolution on both of them?

Would you be able to ask Fujiosan if it would be possible to fix the "brain damage" in the future Canon cameras? Also they would be able in incorperate DX mode like Nikon and also to downrez the image to increase frames like vision research? I know that would be alot to ask but it

Fast Glass
01-14-2011, 07:40 PM
"Bump"

Just incase Daniel forgot....[:)]

John.

Daniel Browning
01-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Sorry John, I can

Fast Glass
01-16-2011, 04:51 AM
You Basstard![:)]

I had a hunch you were up to something but the desire for the 500mm f/5.6 blinded me....[:P] I never took cannonrumors.com seriously, now I know they are full of BS.

John.

Daniel Browning
01-16-2011, 05:01 AM
[:D] Just wait till April 1st rolls around...

Jon Ruyle
01-16-2011, 05:28 AM
All joking aside, I wish Canon would make something like a 7Ds... that is, a full frame version of the 7D. Why not? Those who feel they must have the highest end camera possible will still buy the 1Ds, but mortals who want a full frame camera with a reasonably modern af need no loner be tempted by Nikon. I don

HDNitehawk
03-03-2012, 07:32 PM
It now appears that Roland is a prophetic genius....

Sheiky
03-03-2012, 08:29 PM
But how did he?
[Sherlock mode on] In the other thread "5DmkIII samples at all ISOs" Brant noticed that some of the examples where shot on January 4th 2012 which is exactly the date Roland created this thread. Coincidence? Hard to believe. My theory: Roland Scheiner a.k.a. Rose is a female mid-thirties creative photographer working for the secret Canon Development Team testing facility at the North Pole. [/Sherlock mode off]

Now let's see what happens with the Medium Format camera that he talked about as well :D

HDNitehawk
03-03-2012, 08:33 PM
I don't know, but he predicted this in January of 2011.

And I hope his Medium Format camera isn't to far behind also. Maybe we should wait on pre ordering the 5D III. Maybe there is a FF 4D 38mp camera in the works.

Sheiky
03-03-2012, 09:09 PM
My Sherlock mode fails big time:( Sorry Roland:rolleyes:

We'll see about the Medium format thing. I'm not at all looking to upgrade, but it's nice to follow the developments.