PDA

View Full Version : (SOLD) FS: (4) Cybersync CSRB Receivers (question for CSRB / 580EX owners)

Sean Setters
03-23-2011, 01:18 AM
Well, as many of you know I recently upgraded to CSRB+ receivers. And while I'd love to have 9 different Cybersync receivers at my disposal, I told Amber I'd sell these off to help fund the upgrade. It makes me a tiny bit sad to see them go. I've taken thousands of pictures with these things, and they've performed perfectly. All you need is a CST from the Alien Bees ("http://www.alienbees.com) or White Lightning ("http://www.white-lightning.com) websites, and possibly some hotshoe adapters (seen below) from FlashZebra ("http://www.flashzebra.com) and you're good to go.

I'm selling it as a group of (4) for $180, with free shipping to anywhere in the continental US. If you live outside the US, we might be able to negotiate shipping. PM me for Paypal payment address.

Everything is included in the original box (sync cords & manual). The cords pictured here are extras that I keep lying around (that's why they don't all look the same in this picture). The original cords look like the ones on the bottom left and top right.

https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/_l7vyqAtx1GY/TYlJyCBUcAI/AAAAAAAAAns/HlnhWQAS4jE/s800/Cybersyncs_small.jpg</

Dave Johnston
03-23-2011, 02:41 AM
Sean I would love to buy these from you, but I am going to try to avoid the confrontation with my wife considering I just dropped 1K on two lenses, hoods and UV filters.

This is a great deal. Someone will be happy with it

Good luck

Dave.

Sean Setters
03-23-2011, 03:04 AM
Sean I would love to buy these from you, but I am going to try to avoid the confrontation with my wife considering I just dropped 1K on two lenses, hoods and UV filters.

This is a great deal. Someone will be happy with it

Good luck

Dave.
<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Don't tell her. :-)

hehe

ddt0725
03-23-2011, 03:14 AM
Don't tell her. :-)

hehe

HA! You only say that now because your not married ...yet![:P]

Amber, you better keep your eye on him! [;)]

Denise

Sean Setters
03-23-2011, 02:27 PM
You know, I think I

iND
03-23-2011, 04:55 PM
Sean

Do the cybersyncs work well on 580EXII s ?? (cant tell what flashes you had them on)

How are those units powered (battery type, ?)

Will you sell them with the cords and shoe adapters?

Sean Setters
03-23-2011, 07:26 PM
iND-

The Cybersyncs work fine on my original 580EX, assuming you're using one of those hotshoe adapters (I don't have the 580EX II, so I cannot verify the PC port compatibility--but I imagine it would work just fine). I won't sell the hotshoe adapters because I still need them (for times when I'm not using the studio strobes). However, if you live in a part of the world that FlashZebra doesn't ship to, I'd be happy to purchase the adapters, add the invoice total to the purchase price, and send all the items at the same time (assuming we can reach a shipping arrangement).

FYI - The flashes in the picture were two different models of Quantaray flashes and a Yongnuo YN560. Even though there are flashes out there that accept a PC sync cord, I preferred to buy a hotshoe adapter for all my flashes so that I had a standard mode of connectivity that as all-encompassing.

Sean Setters
03-28-2011, 12:56 PM
I

Chris White
03-29-2011, 10:55 PM
Sean,

Do you still have these? If so, you may have to throw in a few months of guidance. [:)]

Sean Setters
03-30-2011, 12:02 AM
I still have 'em. Three months of guidance is free; after that it's $25/hour. ;-)

neuroanatomist
03-30-2011, 12:21 AM
You

Chris White
03-30-2011, 12:55 AM
I have a pair 580EX IIs which have a PC terminal. Will the sync cords that come with the CSRBs connect to it? If so, then I just need a CST (and a few more flashes) to get started. I realize there may be some advantages to the hot shoe adapters, but I can add them later. If I can get by without them for now I would rather get some stands and umbrellas.

Sean Setters
03-30-2011, 02:50 AM
I don

Mark Elberson
03-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Can anyone else confirm whether or not the PC cord supplied with the CSRBs will fit into the 580EX II terminal and fire them?

They will work. I have used CSRB+'s with my 580EX II's via the pc jack. Generally speaking pc jacks are annoying though and I'd rather use a 3.5mm (1/8th) sync cord.

reese.leblanc
03-31-2011, 11:50 PM
Sean,

Are these still available?

Sean Setters
04-01-2011, 03:51 AM
Chris has first shot at them, but if he doesn't respond to my PM or doesn't want them, then they're available.

Chris White
04-01-2011, 12:57 PM
Sean,

I e-mailed Fashzebra and they sent me the following reply:

<span style="background-color: #99ccff;"]The CyberSync receiver ships with a cord with a standard PC connector you

<span style="background-color: #99ccff;"]can use to connect to the 580EX II sync port.

<span style="background-color: #99ccff;"]We also sell this more reliable screwlock PC version for the same

<span style="background-color: #99ccff;"]application.

So it looks like they will work, short term until I upgrade. I will take them and will PM you later today to finalize the arrangements. I am sorry I took a couple of days to reply, but I am getting a new boss and work has been insane and will continue to be for at least another month. Every time we switch, everything has to be made new to their liking. When you don't do the work or pay the bills, the sky is the limit! [:@]

Chris

Sean Setters
04-01-2011, 02:23 PM
Ok Chris. Sounds good.