PDA

View Full Version : Only two twist lenses for 2009 PMA...

Benjamin
02-18-2009, 09:13 PM
Don't know about how you guys think. I'm actually disappointed to see that the only outcome for the EOS system from Canon are two TS-E lenses at this PMA. There is no DSLR, no EF or EF-S or L lenses, no accessories... Isometime lookat Canon Rumors site, at least some of their guesses actually make sense - i.g. the logical next step is to renew the 35/1.4L - that's an actual lens that I'm going to buy!! But Canon just doesn't come to satisfy. I will not switch to Nikon because of this but I will be disappointed... Until they come up with something exciting.

BTW, where's my 24-70/2.8L IS???

Keith B
02-18-2009, 11:35 PM
I've said it before but...I can't believe the price hikes on the new versions of lenses (obviously the 17 is a new lens all together).

I'd actually like to get the 35 1.4L II when it comes out but I know it is going to be at least $1700 like the 24L.

Call me stupid but I'd rather have the original for $1100.

clemmb
02-18-2009, 11:55 PM
I would not use a 35 1.4L enough to justify the cost but I would gladly buy a Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 if they would upgrade it. Still offering a lens without USM? Hard to believe.

Benjamin
02-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Call me stupid but I'd rather have the original for $1100.
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Some lenses I would hold onto the original if there is an update and it's significantly more expensive, like the 135/2L or generally Canon's premium telephoto lenses, because they are already perfect optically. The 35L is a bit weak wide open though, just like the 24L. I think if I have the 35L I will use it mostly wide open, just like how it would work to complement zooms. Sodoes the lens work perfectly stopped down? I don't care that much. The 24L II's wide open perfomance has been noticeably improved -- that what I want to see and what I will have to pay a premium on.

$1100 is a reasonable price, but what else canI do ifI want ultimate performance wide open...

Benjamin
02-19-2009, 09:25 AM
I would not use a 35 1.4L enough to justify the cost but I would gladly buy a Canon EF 35mm f/2.0 if they would upgrade it. Still offering a lens without USM? Hard to believe.
<div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

I guess Canon will have to make $ first before they can come to better every lens out there... sad...