PDA

View Full Version : Adobe Photoshop Lightroom 4 is now available for purchase

Mark Elberson
03-06-2012, 12:09 PM
Click here

(http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop-lightroom.html)$79 for upgrade & $149 for full version

Sheiky
03-06-2012, 12:12 PM
The prices are less than half of LR3! Great deals, even better if you're student or teacher :D

Sean Setters
03-06-2012, 01:15 PM
I was kind of amazed at the price structure too. Bryan will likely post purchase links today, so you might want to hold off and use those links in order to support the site.

Mark Elberson
03-06-2012, 01:19 PM
If I had to guess, the new price structure is to be more competitive with Aperture (even though LR kills them in market share). Aperture fans have stated that LR4 put into place what Aperture has had for years (video support, books, etc).

ddt0725
03-06-2012, 01:20 PM
The prices are less than half of LR3! Great deals, even better if you're student or teacher :D A haven't been able to find a student upgrade price. If anyone knows of one, please post. All I can find is that a student pays the same price to upgrade as they would for another full version.

Mark Elberson
03-06-2012, 01:31 PM
A haven't been able to find a student upgrade price. If anyone knows of one, please post. All I can find is that a student pays the same price to upgrade as they would for another full version.
That has always been my experience too. I have never seen an upgrade price for student discounts. That doesn't mean that they do not exist though :-)

Sheiky
03-06-2012, 03:41 PM
I cannot find it either Denise. I don't get the option to upgrade where-as the full version does. Maybe you can upgrade your student license with a full version? 79 dollars is still cheap I reckon ;)

Photog82
03-06-2012, 06:48 PM
Nice, I'm ordering the DVD now.

Daniel Browning
03-06-2012, 08:48 PM
This looks great, I'm looking forward to it. I'm glad they finally improved the rolloff of the exposure control. I had kind of hoped they would work on GPU acceleration, but maybe they worked on multithreading instead.

jrw
03-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Educational discount versions don't get the option of upgrading. When I purchased the CS5 Master Collection for use at work that was one of the irksome details of receiving the discount. Fortunately it is capable of doing everything needed, and then some. Suppose their thinking is that you'll be hooked after using it for a while and will purchase full pop version after graduation when there are enough upgrades to make it worthwhile to you.

DavidEccleston
03-06-2012, 11:30 PM
http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/faq.edu.html

(http://www.adobe.com/products/photoshop/faq.edu.html)
"I was a student and bought software at an education discount. Can I upgrade to a full version?

Adobe Student and Teacher Edition software can be upgraded to a commercial version when the user is no longer a student or teacher. Contact the online Adobe Store or your local reseller for information about upgrading to commercial versions of your products."

edit: So, yeah, there is no I'm still a student, can I upgrade even cheaper than $79 option. You can either buy the latest student version if you still qualify, or upgrade to the real one if you contact them.