PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS6 Beta--anyone done it yet???

bob williams
03-22-2012, 11:11 PM
Sorry, I just had continue the theme "Anyone done it yet"--Anyway I rec'd an email today saying that CS6 beta is available for download. Now, I am a photoshop idiot and have yet to master anything in this program; But.......I just can't help but be curious and I even have some voice in my head that is saying "download now, download now". I am resisting:confused:. Though many of the new features look extremely useful to one who is willing to use it, I dread trying anything new in Photoshop. But there is one feature that may make it worth all of the frustration. Focus correction. Based on a marketing video i saw, it appears that Adobe has developed an algorithm that can actually take an out of focus image and turn it in to an in-focus image. I was just curious what others thought of this or if anyone has actually tried this?

Joel Eade
03-22-2012, 11:19 PM
I am tempted to try it but have some reservations as far as putting it on my MacBook Pro and possibly having other issues so I think I will wait just a little while.

I think the new content aware features will be very handy as well. Based on my experience with the Topaz In Focus plugin I suspect the out of focus correction will be very limited but we'll see.

Do you know how long the Beta version will be available?

Steve U
03-22-2012, 11:19 PM
I think you should download it.

bob williams
03-22-2012, 11:21 PM
I think you should download it.

I just can't get rid of these voices

bob williams
03-22-2012, 11:23 PM
Do you know how long the Beta version will be available?

No clue

Joel Eade
03-22-2012, 11:24 PM
Wow, you must be sitting in the kitchen at the computer.....you know I use photoshop exclusively so I would agree...I might download it tomy wife's PC:rolleyes:

HDNitehawk
03-22-2012, 11:26 PM
It seems every time Adobe releases a beta, or you download a trial version, if you do not keep it once it is live it messes up the old version.

I think I will wait.

bob williams
03-22-2012, 11:31 PM
Downloading, 1.7 gig. Since I rarely use photoshop, I'm going to risk the damage to my cs5--I just can't resist the VOICES.

Joel Eade
03-22-2012, 11:33 PM
I hope you can process some images and post them before the Louisville game starts!:)

bob williams
03-22-2012, 11:37 PM
I hope you can process some images and post them before the Louisville game starts!:)

Rub it in:(

andnowimbroke
03-23-2012, 12:05 AM
I thought the final release will be mid-year, which is just close enough for me to wait. Most of my plugins won't work anyway.

Joel Eade
03-23-2012, 12:37 AM
Rub it in:(

Well, I couldn't help it, still remembering having to suffer through the Packers losing during my visit to your place:(

ddt0725
03-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Well, I couldn't help it, still remembering having to suffer through the Packers losing during my visit to your place:( Believe me, you weren't suffering alone! :(

So, if I download the beta, my current CS5 extended and all my plugins will temporarily disappear? And my not work properly once the beta trial is over? As much as the new updates sound very promising ...I am not about to go for it at this point! I'm looking forward to hearing other peoples take on it that do take the leap though!

bob williams
03-23-2012, 01:44 AM
Well, I did do it, 1.7 gig worth and so far everything seems to be working ok---cs5, cs6 and Lightroom 4. But keep in mind that I don't have any plugins or presets in my cs5. I normally work in Lightroom and if that isn't enough then I "edit in cs5 (6)" from lightroom then save back into lightroom.

Anyway---Initial thoughts so far:

The good:

1. The dark gray user interface is outstanding. I love the look and feel of it.
2. The content aware fill options are also really nice---you can now select the area that you fill from and you can actually move the the subject within the frame and CAF automatically fills the hole.
3. Although the software load is still fairly slow, The performance enhancements, once the program is open, are very good. The lag in editing seems to be eliminated

The bad:

The one feature I was really interested in doesn't seem to be available in the Beta and possibly not even in the release version and that was the focus correction or "Reverse Beer Goggles"

Here is where I saw that feature discussed: http://prodesigntools.com/photoshop-sneak-peek-image-deblurring-adobe-max.html

Well, That's all I have managed to play with so far, I will explore more this weekend.