PDA

View Full Version : My XSI just arrived

donnman
03-19-2009, 07:53 PM
Now what???? LOL

Quite a step up from my point and shoot. Im not even sure what kind of memory card it takes, as I can find nothing in the manual about it.

I feel so dumb....lol

mpphoto12
03-19-2009, 07:54 PM
it takes compact flash and you will need a lens i assume your shooting on automatic?

donnman
03-19-2009, 07:58 PM
Came with the kit lens....havent shoot anything yet, just taking it out of the box

Keith B
03-19-2009, 08:17 PM
it takes compact flash and you will need a lens i assume your shooting on automatic?

<div>

XSI only takes SD or SDHC cards. No compact flash.
</div>

mpphoto12
03-19-2009, 08:25 PM
oh sorry my bad i own the rebel Xt and XTi i thought it was the sam eby second nature lol

Keith B
03-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Yeah I remember when they announced the XSI and being a little shocked that it didn't take CF cards.

alex
03-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Congrats on the purchase! I just got my XSi two months ago. It took me a couple weeks to start getting a good feel for it and start being able to produce results with it, but wow, what a camera. i love it. it's already allowed me to take much better shots than i ever did before.

ask questions on this forum, check out books on exposure and lighting from the library, READ THE MANUAL that came with the camera, and just take pictures every chance you get playing around with P, Av, and Tv modes, and you'll learn a lot in no time.

Again, congrats and I hope you have a lot of fun!

David Selby
03-20-2009, 01:13 PM
i 've created a new XSi user website

www.learnslr.com ("http://www.learnslr.com) its got alot of tips and info on photography and the XSi specifically.