PDA

View Full Version : The "Other" Releases

Kayaker72
02-06-2015, 11:57 AM
Well, Canon also released two new versions (http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=14445) of the Rebel and EOS M3 (http://www.the-digital-picture.com/News/News-Post.aspx?News=14454)outside of North America. I'll be watching reviews of the M3. I have the current M1 and use it occasionally. I am most interested in how much faster the AF is compared to the M1. For not being that popular here in North America, I find it pretty handy. But if the AF is better, I could actually see expanding my "M" kit a bit and using it more.

Jayson
02-08-2015, 01:57 AM
I use my m all the time and would love better af and dual pixel for video. I tend to manual focus all video because video af is that bad. I would seriously consider buying the m3 if the reviews are favorable.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

neuroanatomist
02-08-2015, 02:44 AM
I read a blurb that mentioned 6.1 times faster AF on the M3. I'm a bit bummed it's not coming to North America, but I noticed elsewhere that amazon.jp is selling the M3 bundled with the Canon EVF attachment for ~US$500, and tenso.com will forward it to the US for a nominal charge.

I'm strongly considering adding the EF-M 11-22mm to my kit (currently just the US-avaialble EOS M, M22/2 and M18-55). I'm traveling to Switzerland for the first next week (I'll be going there 5-6 times/year for work), this trip will be solo and I'll have time over a weekend, so the full travel set goes - 1D X, 24-70/2.8L II, 70-300L, and the 17mm and 24mm TS-E lenses, along with filters for all lenses, tripod, etc. But when I go again in April, I plan to take the family, and with my wife and 3 kids along, opportunities for photography will be more limited. The M kit will be perfect for that. Not sure if I'll get the 11-22 from Henrys or just pick one up in a shop in Switzerland (cost is about the same).

Kayaker72
02-09-2015, 12:24 AM
The M1 focus tests were ~0.8 secs. I would take 6.1x faster to be something in the 0.1-0.15 sec range. That would be a worthy reason to upgrade.

I am also very interested in the test results on the 24 MP sensor. I am not expecting vast improvements, but it would be great if it holds its own/there are no setbacks.

I'll be watching reviews.

Tounis
02-09-2015, 05:47 AM
I'm strongly considering adding the EF-M 11-22mm to my kit (currently just the US-avaialble EOS M, M22/2 and M18-55). I'm traveling to Switzerland for the first next week (I'll be going there 5-6 times/year for work), this trip will be solo and I'll have time over a weekend, so the full travel set goes - 1D X, 24-70/2.8L II, 70-300L, and the 17mm and 24mm TS-E lenses, along with filters for all lenses, tripod, etc. But when I go again in April, I plan to take the family, and with my wife and 3 kids along, opportunities for photography will be more limited. The M kit will be perfect for that. Not sure if I'll get the 11-22 from Henrys or just pick one up in a shop in Switzerland (cost is about the same).

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures from my country neuro. I hope you'll like it.

Busted Knuckles
04-19-2015, 11:41 AM
I saw a youtube on the M3 focusing speed and it seemed pretty quick. Quick enough to stimulate a relapse of my GAS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VoTTKxyRkk

Kayaker72
04-19-2015, 12:14 PM
.....looking good so far....I'll want to see a few more reviews as this isn't a burning need.....but that is looking good.