PDA

View Full Version : Web Print Ordering.

GSPhoto
01-02-2009, 06:25 PM
I currently order my prints from shutterfly. Does anyone know of a site that prints on differant types of paper. A reliable high quality site?

Sean Setters
01-02-2009, 07:10 PM
AdoramaPix ("http://www.adoramapix.com/). Of course, I've only gotten larger prints from them (11x14, 8x10), but I've been very happy with them. In fact, they'll occasionally run specials on the different types of paper. They just got done having a special where their Metallic Paper (which is the most expensive) was only $1.49 for an 8x10, $2.99 for an 11x14, and $7.95 for a 16x20. The last time they ran this special, I got 10 and absolutely loved the way the paper looked.

David Selby
01-02-2009, 09:17 PM
i use kodakgallery.com for everything

Tim
01-02-2009, 11:16 PM
Bryan mentioned fullsizeposters.com once in the canon news, and I tried it. I've been pleased, good prices and good quality. $3.33 per square foot.

By the way, Hi to all on the board, just found out today there is a forum, love the site.

greggf
01-03-2009, 12:28 AM
We have a local place here in Santa Cruz, CA that does professional quality prints online...Check out "BayPhoto.com". They actually have ads iin some of the bigger photography magazines. I really like them.

Bryan Carnathan
01-03-2009, 01:29 PM
WHCC.com does nice work. I've heard good things about MPIX.com as well.

Mr Chad
01-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I've used Mpix a lot in the past, excellent quality - not just the prints but how they are shipped as well. I've used their glossy and metallic paper service very nice.

Currently though I used the photo print service integrated within Aperture 2.0 for many things like books. They (Apple) use Kodak for the prints, but I don't think they let you switch out papers to say a semi-matte or luster type paper. At least I haven't found it yet.

Jessica Robinson
01-03-2009, 08:37 PM
I use Bay Photo as well, and I've been pleased with the results. Would like to have my own printing set-up, of course, but until then...

HelenOster
01-07-2009, 10:21 AM
Thank you for the recommendation for Adorama Pix,Greg, which is very much appreciated.

If you ever experience a problem in the future with printing from Adorama Pix (or have a query or concern about any aspect of service from Adorama), you are always very welcome to contact me directly.

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely<o:p></o:p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"]Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<o:p></o:p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"]

helen.oster@adoramacamera.com ("helen.oster@adoramacamera.com)

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;"]<o:p></o:p>

<span style="font-family: Arial;"]<span style="font-size: small;"] (http://www.adoramacamera.com]www.adoramacamera.com

<span style="font-size: 10pt; font-family: Arial;)<o:p></o:p>

Dallasphotog
01-07-2009, 11:01 AM
I use Adorama for most of my customer prints. Check out the Kodak Endura Metallic paper. I just used it for two16x20 portraits. Adorama is great to deal with and they usuallyprint and ship in 48 hours.

John
01-20-2009, 11:23 AM
Mpix.com is pretty good. WHCC is very professional, probably a little bit pricier, but the one i find myself using the most is Adoramapix. They do a great job

HelenOster
01-20-2009, 12:27 PM
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 9pt; color: black; font-family: Arial; mso-bidi-language: HE;"]<o:p></o:p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]Thank you, John!<o:p></o:p>

<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]<o:p></o:p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Sincerely<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]<o:p></o:p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]<o:p></o:p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]Helen Oster
Adorama Camera Customer Service Ambassador<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]<o:p></o:p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<u1:personname u2:st="on"]<st1:personname w:st="on"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]helen.oster@adoramacamera.com</st1:personname></u1:personname><span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]<o:p></o:p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]<o:p></o:p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS'; mso-bidi-font-family: Arial;"]
www.adoramacamera.com (http://www.adoramacamera.com/]<span style="color: blue;)<span style="font-size: 10pt; color: blue; font-family: 'Comic Sans MS';"]<o:p></o:p>
<p style="margin: 0cm 0cm 0pt;" class="MsoNormal"]<o:p><span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]</o:p>

David Selby
01-20-2009, 01:26 PM
After hearing about kodak endura metallic prints.... and not being able to purchase them from kodakgallery... I ordered an 11x14 from Adorama on kodak endura...

the print came after just a few days from NY to atlanta GA. I was impressed with the packaging they use.. they put things in a nice solid card board box and then shrink wrapped the photos upside down on a piece of sheet styrofoam.

The print was excellent, and induced me to buy 3 8x10 photos on similar kodak endura. I liked that the price wasn't much higher than a normal print...

I'm happy with their site, and service and began to recommend its use on canonrumors and learnslr.com

If you print landscapes, portraits, or detail shots check out the kodak endura prints available from adorama they do look quite amazing on that paper.

Tim
07-23-2009, 07:24 PM
I know this thread is a bit old, but I was wondering if anyone had experience with ordering a panoramic online, I'd like to print 12x48.