Thread: Self-Portrait & GIMP

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Self-Portrait & GIMP

Here's a not so recent self-portrait composite. I was hoping I can get some C&C. Related story about the photo: 'Be Your Own...'. Thanks for viewing.

I was inspired by Sean and I thought I should try it myself.
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

The self-portrait and the product photo are fantastic! I loved the little tutorial and I never would have guessed where this photo originated from! Fantastic! Now I have new hope for the small room I have to work in!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    The self-portrait and the product photo are fantastic! I loved the little tutorial and I never would have guessed where this photo originated from! Fantastic! Now I have new hope for the small room I have to work in!

Denise
    Thanks Denise! As the say, one has to start from somewhere or has to start small. Larger subjects than me though like a group photo would look like a sardine can. It's good to know that you've found new hope for your small room. You'll also find out that you can still do a lot more in a small room when you start shooting in it.

Cheers!
    Cheers!
    --

I think you did a fantastic job. The lighting is perfect, and the pose is just right. I'm not usually a fan of backgrounds applied in post, but this one seems to fit quite nicely.

Very impressive...

Quote Originally Posted by Sean Setters View Post
    I think you did a fantastic job. The lighting is perfect, and the pose is just right. I'm not usually a fan of backgrounds applied in post, but this one seems to fit quite nicely.

Very impressive...
    That's very humbling Sean. Thank you for your compliment. As I have said, you were the inspiration on this shot. Changing the background was sort of an experiment. I'm glad it worked well as I wanted it to be.
    Cheers!
    --