Thread: Shots of a Point & Shoot Camera

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shots of a Point & Shoot Camera

My Niece & Nephew spend the last 4 weeks traveling around around Oz & here are some shots they took with a Point & Shoot Camera.

Thought I share these pic's with you guys.

Wally

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2772.Opera-House-ev.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4760.DSC02198.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/3750.DSC02294_2D00_evev.jpg[/img]
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Re: Shots of a Point & Shoot Camera

Nice shots!
    Cheers!
    --
    AnGelo Chiu (MrGreenBug in Flickr), Blog: http://mrgreenbug.blogspot.com

Whoever had the camera and took these shots...well, get them a DSLR!! Those are great shots...and I mean composition wise, especially the second!!

Cheers,

Gregg

Hi Gregg

<span style="color: #008000;"](Whoever had the camera and took these shots...well, get them a DSLR!! Those are great shots...and I mean composition wise, especially the second!!) Ironically my nephew (who took the above shots) is interested in getting the Canon S95 Point &amp; Shoot camera, as he feels that his 5 year old Sony is not up to it anymore. I lend him my 5DMKII + 24-70mm f2.8 and you should see those shots.[:'(] Will post these soon.<span style="color: #000000;"]

<span style="color: #000000;"]I looked at your website. You do have some fantastic pics on it. Well done mate.[]

<span style="color: #000000;"]Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Quote Originally Posted by bouwy
    Ironically my nephew (who took the above shots) is interested in getting the Canon S95 Point &amp; Shoot camera

I think it's an excellent P&amp;S. The Panasonic Lumix LX-5 is also worth a look - a better lens (IMO), although with a slightly shorter long end (but wider, too), and slightly better low-light performance. I have the S95, and I like it a lot - unlike the LX-5 or the Canon G12, the S95 is truly pocketable, but still delivers excellent IQ for a P&amp;S (same sensor as the G12), and shoots RAW.

Hi Bouwy. Thanks for the comments on my photos, but I think your nephew has got it good! I don't want to double post, but I looked at the 5dll and 24-70 shots that he did, and he definitely has the eye for photography!! encourage him as much as you can!

I second John's P&amp;S info. I don't have an S95, but I recently purchased a Panasonic Lumix LX-5 as a second. It is pretty fantastic! After borrowing my buddies LX-3 on our Italy trip last year, and selling my 5Dll, I wanted a P&amp;S. And you can get the LX-5 for the same price as the S95...just my opinion. Go to DPReview.com, and they have a recent article pitting them against each other. Pretty informative.

Good Luck, and post some more pics from your nephew!!

Gregg