Thread: GND filter 16-35 ll

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

GND filter 16-35 ll

Interested in opinions of a soft GND for this lense.

Re: GND filter 16-35 ll

I think the 82mm filter size of the 16-35mm MkII is irrelevant because in general, I really recommendagainstround GNDs. The gradation, whether hard or soft, is in the middle of the circle - exactly where you usuallydon'twant to place the horizon line.

So, my recommendation is the same as for any other lens - a rectangular filter (Cokin for the budget-minded, Lee or Singh-Ray if you want better optical quality). Both Cokin and Lee make 82mm adapters for their filter holders, or you can simply hold it by hand.

I agree with the 4x6. I've heard conflicting opinions re: holders. As far as quality, I'm more the "Buy it right the first time". Learned the hard way! Thanks

I am afraid 4x6 will cause vignetting withthe 16-35 on a full frame body. You need either Lee Super Wide 150mmor Cokin 130mm X-Pro system. The former is not available yet.

I use Cokin X-pro nd grads.No vignetting on 17-40 (FF) and 10-22 (APS-C). These are resin filters, one needs to be careful because they scratch easier than glass ones.