Thread: Phottix Odin TTl Flash Trigger

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Phottix Odin TTl Flash Trigger

Does anyone here use this ...

http://www.amazon.com/Phottix-PH8905...ef=cm_cmu_pg_t

Here is a review from the Strobist group on flickr ...

http://www.flickr.com/groups/strobis...7628093126883/

Once money starts to flow again (if it ever does), I was thinking of getting them. Actually, I want them really bad! I think they are better than the Yongnuo RF602 set-up that I have now and cheaper and easier to use (exactly what I need) than the PW's.

Someone please tell me something bad about them so I will stop wanting what I can't have and I can take them off of my wishlist on Amazon!!

Denise

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Someone please tell me something bad about them so I will stop wanting what I can't have and I can take them off of my wishlist on Amazon!!
    1) The name Odin makes no sense at all. From the old Norse mythology it's the major god. The name of his son: Thor (god of thunder) would have been better suited. But still not great.

2) Also the name Yongnuo is hard to pronounce, I get that(you don't pay for that name). However Phottix isn't really that much better. So they must be heavily overpriced, because looking at the price you definitely pay extra for this name.

3) And have you seen those horrible colored buttons on the Flash Trigger...YEAAAAAGHHH!!

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    Once money starts to flow again (if it ever does), I was thinking of getting them. Actually, I want them really bad! I think they are better than the Yongnuo RF602 set-up that I have now and cheaper and easier to use (exactly what I need) than the PW's.
    I also have those nights from time to time where I dream and consider all the options about something I really want(but most of the time don't really need). I don't know how important these triggers will be for you, but they are definitely not worth it not sleeping for a few days

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    1) I also have those nights from time to time where I dream and consider all the options about something I really want(but most of the time don't really need). I don't know how important these triggers will be for you, but they are definitely not worth it not sleeping for a few days
    Am I the only one who watches a football game staring at the photogs on the sidelines trying to ID their gear? Oh look dear! that guy's got a 400 f/2.8 II AND a 200 f/2! Most seem to carry a black lens as their shorter focal length lens/zoom so it's harder to ID those...

Thanks, Jan! Very good try with talking me out of them

I think they are going to stay on the wishlist but that is as far as they are going for now!

Denise

LOL!!! No Chad, you are not alone!! Especially today, since the Packers weren't playing, my mind was more on the photography gear then the Super Bowl!