Thread: Some of my Fav Portraits*edited*

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Some of my Fav Portraits*edited*

After reviewing almost every portrait I've taken, I decided that the following photos are probably the best I've done recently.

<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"]I think the first one is just about perfect, just wish I would've shot at f/2.8 to get more in focus<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"], but I still think they're pretty damn nice.<span style="text-decoration: line-through;"] I also noticed they look a bit over exposed/too bright, but I think it kinda looks nice. But all-in-all I like these the best out of my collection. Straying away from my tendency's to mess with contrast, I actually like them better as they are now.

*The feedback just from the first reply made me realize I did over do it on the post processing, so I decided to run them through again but this time I layed off from messing with the contrast and blacks in selective color. I even decided to throw in a bunch more photos*

C&amp;C is highly welcomed.

Everything was shot with a Canon 350D and the 85mm f/1.8 USM lens. &lt;---(effin' amazing lens &lt;3)

*REDID*

Camera Body: Canon EOS 350D
    Lens: Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM
    F-stop: &fnof; / 1.8
    Shutter: 1/4000
    ISO: 200

*REDID*

Shutter: 1/4000

*NEW*

Shutter: 1/2500

*NEW*

F-stop: &fnof; / 2.8
    Shutter: 1/1250
    ISO: 100

*More, just because I can. *

And here's three from NY a week ago; right click, "view image" to see them full view.

C&amp;C is highly welcomed.

Re: Probably one of my best Portraits

Since C&amp;C's are welcomed, you cut her toes off. Contrast leavers her hair solid black. She is extremely cute!! But Garrett, these look like vector art. No offense, but I don't think these are your best. You are awesome and I only want to be honest not critical.

Don't know if you touched it up, but is there a reason her elbows seem very reddish? Or just natural blushing from posing on them?

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Lee

Since C&amp;C's are welcomed, you cut her toes off. Contrast leavers her hair solid black. She is extremely cute!! But Garrett, these look like vector art. No offense, but I don't think these are your best. You are awesome and I only want to be honest not critical.

<div style="clear: both;"]</div>

Thanks for the feedback. You made me realize I did do too much in post processing, so I've redone them and would like new feedback.

As for the framing, heh, I'm not exactly very good at it to be honest. I tend to focus at what's in the middle of the frame, and not what's cut off or exsess.

And also, her hair is pretty much solid black. [:P]

Re: Some of my Fav Portraits*edited*

excellent photos! wow!! that 85mm is sharp on your 350d! i also have a problem with over processing my photos' too hehehe....

i would "stop down" that lens a bit to achieve even more sharpness. she does look a little "soft"...but you might be achieving a cool effect with that. her eyes seem to be in focus too,..a good factor in portrait photography. try printing one of your photos'. I think prints tell the truth....

Good Job!!