Thread: Are my pictures really that BAD?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Are my pictures really that BAD?

I know that this topic has been discussed before, and have tried all the suggestions, but nothing seems the work. My picture (s) and my avatar just keep disappearing on me. [:'(]

Tried picture upload from my computer, Flickr, and from my files on this site, but still no luck.

I use 3 different computers with the following O/S: Window 7, Vista and XP, all having the same problem.

Downloading the site and changes of pages is very slow. I do not have any problems in up/down loading for other sites at reasonable speed.

I have check my settings, and that seems all in order. I do know other members can see my photos.

Has any member that has similar problems fix this and if so please let me know How you did it.

Trial pix uploaded from my TDP files. Thanks for your help Wally.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x300/__key/CommunityServer-Components-UserFiles/00-00-00-34-07/helcpwmfull-size-for-DP.jpg[/img]

Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Re: Are my pictures really that BAD?

I have not had any problems with photos disappearing that I know of. I cannot post directly thru this site though and must go thru flickr. I do have problems with going from page to page in a thread being very slow sometimes or going back to the main forum page. Also, a majority of the time the numbered pages at the bottom of the threads doesn

Thanks for the feed back Denise
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Now how can I put this delicately? It
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Wally....I feel your frustration.

I posted 2 pix in the bird thread and they both disappeared....today I was reading thru the forum topics and went back to birds; lo and behold, not only did my 2 pix reappear (w/out explanation), but Joel's pelican shot did also.

I don't have an answer for you, but I've been using the same computer for the past 3 years and I use rich formatting, the "insert image" icon on the toolbar and flickr.

Hmm, just thinking; we did have an earthquake today on the east coast....maybe it snapped HAL's, err, I mean the TDP's program back in line.

Well, we'll just keep posting and hopefully Bryan will figure out the bugs.

Bill

Correction: Just went to the bird thread; all pix are missing again, including Joel's latest HB pix.

Not to be a fly in the ointment, but my avatar is there, and my pics and everyone elses' (at least, Bill's and Joel's in the bird thread, and yours at the start of this thread, Wally) all show up - I haven't seen any disappear in recent memory.

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725
    Also, a majority of the time the numbered pages at the bottom of the threads doesn't work for me.

What I've noticed is that every page can be viewed, except page 1. When you try to view page 1, it goes to the last page, via a slightly different URL. At this point, you can re-click on page 1 and make it there.

And yes, the site has become a bit slow to load pages at times. Bryan is aware and considering his options, including other forum software, if he can keep the existing discussions intact.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L