Thread: Going to buy a Tripod but the listing info is wrong

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Going to buy a Tripod but the listing info is wrong

I have the Manfrotto Light Duty Grip Ball Head and am looking at buying the Manfrotto 190 Carbon Fiber Tripod with Q90 - 3 Section. On their site, they have the tripod listed weight as 2.84 pounds, which is what I'm looking for. On Amazon's page, they have it listed @ 4 pounds and on B&H's page they have it listed at 2.84 pounds.

Should I be OK with buying it from Amazon and assume that it's a typo since the model # is the same? I'd like to save $20 if possible.
    --

All any of us can do is guess, and I would guess that you are ok as long as the product codes check out (which they seem too). I've also had good luck returning items to Amazon. Granted, this is from "Gold Best Luck fulfilled by Amazon" and not necessarily Amazon. I'd probably be tempted to at least go over to the "More Buying Options" and get it from Amazon or Adorama for $5 more than "Gold Best Luck" but $20 less than B&H. Speaking of Adorama, you could click through the link here on TDP and get it from them directly...they list the weight correctly on their website and are $20 cheaper than B&H.