Thread: I Love the State Fair!!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

I Love the State Fair!!

Every Sept. is the Virginia State Fair and every year my family loves to go. We usually go on the first Friday but it was rainy, so we decided to wait until Teusday. The weather could not have been more perfect. A photog's dream................

Canon EOS 5D, EF 70-200 2.8L, f/5.6 @ 120 mm, 1/500, ISO 100, No Flash

Re: I Love the State Fair!!

Cool pic Chuck. That ride looks like it's build out of legos!

Thanks Mark,

It's called "Extreme" but abetter name would be the "Whirlto Hurl". In fact, later that afternoon, someone lost their dinner at the bench where I was sitting while my boys road it again. I rode it last year........took photos this year.......... That's self explanatory enough. []

hows the new location out by Kings Dominion?

Quote Originally Posted by Ehcalum
    hows the new location out by Kings Dominion?

Very Nice. Lot's of room. That's why they moved it. I'll miss RIR personally.

The parking to trolley to tickets to fair is an interesting series of exercises. I'm not sure why they designed it that way but I was there Teusday so the crowd wasn't very large. You park out in a big rolling field. Catch the tractor/pickup pulled trolley trailer. You get dropped of at a turn around from where you walk down through a tunnel under the highway to the ticket booth area. You buy your walk around tickets and go through security, which was basically a bag check then walk down through another tunnel under the highway to get to the actual fairgrounds.

The Midway and Exibition Hallis on the left and the animals/livestock/farm equipment/etc. is behind the manor house on the right. Restroom facilities where convienently located, new and clean.

All the attraction routes are paved and I was suprised at how dry everything was. Very little mud anywhere. The site layout is really nice and we had a really great time. Feet and legs get a little sore from lots of walking so if you go make sure you've got on your most comfortable walking shoes.

This was the best arial I could get from the ferris wheel....located at the north end of the midway.