Thread: Engagement Pictures--tips and advice?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Engagement Pictures--tips and advice?

I have an engagement photo shoot coming up and was wondering if anyone has some tips or advice? Photos illustrating your tips are great, too. I will be using my 16-35/2.8L, 50/1.8, and 100/2.8 Macro along with my 580EX II and my entry-level studio lighting kit. Thanks!

--Johan

Re: Engagement Pictures--tips and advice?

Can you rent a 70-200 f4 L IS or the 70-200 f2.8 IS? its a very useful wedding lens

Quote Originally Posted by devsalvi
    Can you rent a 70-200 f4 L IS or the 70-200 f2.8 IS? its a very useful wedding lens

Thanks for the response! Unfortunately, I cannot rent a lens. Mainly what I'm looking for is composition tips, posing tips, etc...

Are you just shooting the couple for engagement announcements? Or is it an engagement party?

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B
    Are you just shooting the couple for engagement announcements? Or is it an engagement party?

They want me to take the photo for the wedding invitation. I didn't realize that there was such a thing as engagement parties. I typically shoot nature. :-)

<div id="ctl00_ctl00_bcr_bcr_PostForm__QuoteText"]

Quote Originally Posted by Keith B

They want me to take the photo for the wedding invitation. I didn't realize that there was such a thing as engagement parties. I typically shoot nature. :-)
    <div style="clear: both;"]I shoot predominatly weddings and have never known of anyone having an engagement party. Things are done a little different depending on what part of the country you live.</div>
    <div style="clear: both;"]You can get a few examples on my website. [url="http://www.markclemphotography.com]www.markclemphotography.com[/url] , On google it may show it to be a suspected harmful website. It had been exploited but is now fixed. It takes a couple of weeks to get it cleared on google.</div>
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>
    <div style="clear: both;"]Search other photographers websites. I get a lot of good ideas that way.</div>
    <div style="clear: both;"]</div>
    <div style="clear: both;"]Mark</div>
    </div>
    Mark

I can't really give great advice on engagement shots as I've only done a few. However, I will point you to my engagement pictures and maybe you can get some ideas from them. I did most of them when I was just starting out, so I think I'd be better at them now. That said, "Amy &amp; Kale" have a 20"x30" of the train picture hanging up in their home.