Thread: Maternity Pics

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Maternity Pics

As promised, here are a few pics which were the inspiration for learning some flash photography over the past few months. Interested in any comments which might make the next session better. Thanks in advance. And wow, what a difference it makes having a model older than 5! []

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/2742.Belly1.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/3386.Belly2.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/400x600/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0312.Belly3.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/0677.Belly4.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/6472.Belly5.jpg[/img]

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x400/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/14/5265.Belly6.jpg[/img]

Re: Maternity Pics

Calulot I really love the compositions you chose for all the shots!!

I think in your case, the biggest bang-for-the-buck tip I can think of would be to add a Hair/Rim Light for separation from the background. Apart from that, the first two B&W images could use a bit of an increase in exposure and an overall warmer white balance in all the images.

Great job!! []

Re: Maternity Pics

Quote Originally Posted by TakahiroW4047
    I think in your case, the biggest bang-for-the-buck tip I can think of would be to add a Hair/Rim Light for separation from the background.

That was my first thought as well--that and a bit of fill light (reflector would have worked well, assuming you could prop it up at an optimal angle). Otherwise, lookin' good...