Thread: Liveview ISO performance

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Liveview ISO performance

It
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Re: Liveview ISO performance

Greg - With the ND filter on, the camera has to greatly amplify the signal in order to display a bright enough image on the LCD. That would likely be the reason for the grainy image. I like my Vari-ND filter for that reason, because I can turn it down to minimum when I

Thanks for the reply. I just got a ND Fader but seemed to miss my mark when I got things in focus and was trying to cheat. I think it was one of your waterfall shots that made me want to have one. Yesterday was just a practice round as most of my new(er) stuff is still on backorder..that and I have to re-learn my end of it again, like it is okay to bend over in a stream but not to squat. You'd think after filling my right boot with cold water I might remember. I think I did it three more times. It was hard to tell because my foot was froze off. I think I could see the water level drop. That's when I knew it was in my boot sucked up into my socks. As far as liveview goes, maybe I should have said "newer" cameras since ISO performance is always improving, if that is what is being used. I was also thinking about night scenes and the like where a filter didn't come into play.

Canon rep wrote back and said that the larger sensor would enhance the live view feature. That