Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Getting ready to do some photography work for the Klipsch speaker company

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Getting ready to do some photography work for the Klipsch speaker company

I've always been a big fan of Klipsch speakers but their speaker have always been more then I could spend. I'm excited to announce that they hired me to come to their Hope production facility to photograph some new speakers that they are producing. I'm super pumped to be getting this opportunity as product photography is a direction I'd like to go. Shot some test shot for them but mine are Boston Acoustics speakers.

Re: Getting ready to do some photography work for the Klipsch speaker company

Wow, that

Congrats fantastic news. Your test shots are very good.

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Do you get to do any fun shots? Something like repo agents packing everything out the door (including wife, kids, and dogs being slung over shoulder) and in the foreground is a guy holding speaker wires being dragged by a repo dude holding the speaker Epic I say. Epic.
    Words get in the way of what I meant to say.

Fantastic shots and well done with your new assignment.

Wally
    Wally Bouw Flickr Vimeo

Nice job Bryan! The examples you made look absolutely crisp. Good luck on the assignment!

Jan

Congrats on the assignment and great shots of the speakers. I really like the 2nd one. I have been a Klipsch fan for 30 years and an owner for about 5 years---Great speakers. Maybe they will give you a discount on a set of Klipschorns

Congrats again,
    Bob

Fantastic!!! By your sample shots above, I can clearly see why they chose you! The lighting on the the second one is great!

Congrats!!

Denise

Wow!, Talk about being jelous. I have always wanted to tour their factory in Hope, AR. My other big hobbie is Audiophile. It has always been my opinion that the KlipschHorns are the best speakers in the world. This statement could start another debate.

Your test shots above are great. I look forward to seeing some of your results. Maybe on their website soon

Mark
    Mark

clemmb,

I know about 5 people who have the large klipschorns, La Scalas, or Cornwall speakers where most of the units are 30 + years old. I've always known and been told that Klipsch speakers are some of the best sounding speakers in the world for their price range so you will get no argument/debate out of me. I'm pretty happy with my Bostons but I've always considered adding a pair of their lower line/Best Buy marketed floor standing speakers. Still at 900 dollars I've never pulled the trigger because I'm always buying photography equipment.

The second shot was the test image I did last night with my new 30" x 60" Paul Buff softbox. The first was shot using my two 60" umbrellas. I had to try the softbox out before I got there. I really love my 100mm IS marco lens as that is what I always try and shoot with if space permits its use even if I have to shoot across an entire room. Thanks for all the replies! In my mind as I was bidding on this project I was secretly contemplating what if they just offered me speakers instead of money. I really need the cash but would I be able to say no to that offer. Which pair would I like to get verse what they would offer. I've always wanted to visit the Klipsch speaker production facility here in Hope, Arkansas since moving to this state and now I get paid to. At one point I had thought Klipsch had closed this facility down and move everything overseas. I also came up with the idea to try and upsale with a 180 x 360 degree spherical panorama of inside the factory for either their professional business use on the web or if the folks that own Klipsch just wanted it for their own use. I have not heard an answer back on that one yet.