Thread: Sirui Tripods anyone?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Sirui Tripods anyone?

Has anyone experience with Sirui Tripods? I found very little here in the forum search (one recommendation here).

I'm comparing to Manfrotto 190CXPRO4 4-Section Carbon Fiber and the following have good reviews and also meet the fits-in-a-carry-on requirement. I like the idea that you can reverse the legs so that they can fit in a carry-on even with ballhead attached.
    Load ratings seem very optimistic (or pure fantasy), but even when you cut them in half, they still hold up to the Manfrotto:
    Sirui N-1004 4-Section Aluminum Tripod
    Sirui N-2004 4-Section Aluminum Tripod
    Sirui M-3004 4-Section Aluminum Tripod

I know they are aluminum vs CF, but it is for occasional use and they are not much heavier. Maximum weight I would mount on it will be a T3i and a 70-300L, more often the EF-S15-85.

Has anyone used this brand or even these tripods?

Thanks,
    Arnt

Thanks JRW,
    I appreciate it. Good point about the height. That's why I was looking at the M-3004 with a height of 58.3'' (not extended, w/o ball head). I'm 6'2'' or 3'' so I suppose I'll appreciate the height, even for occasional use. I haven't found anything with a similar height that would still fold that small.

Good to hear that you are ok with the quality. I may have found my next birthday present.

Thanks again,
    Arnt