Thread: Shooting From The Car Window

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Shooting From The Car Window

How often do you find yourself snapping pictures from you car's windows? I did it for the first time today, since I was really bored. I spent all the afternoon in the car driving from a place to another to run some errands...there happened to be a lot of traffic along the way, so I had time to do it. They only issue I found was some flare from the front window (which, of course, I couldn't open haha) but all the remaining pictures were just as great as if taken walking around

So...how about you?

Andy

Re: Shooting From The Car Window

I like to make really neat timelapse videos while driving. Just mount the camera facing forward securely and plug in the intervalometer and a 32 GB card (laptop optional). When you put the frames together in a video, the effect is a neat "speed drive". There are plenty of them around the web. Lots of folks also use video cameras and speed up the footage in post.

I shoot from my car all the time and thecamera'salways on the passenger seat with me. I never shoot through the windshield though. I usually shoot at stop lights and when I'm in a park, I pull to the side and shoot through the window.

yeah, that's how I did it most of the times, this afternoon, but I happend to be shooting while moving (slowly, lol) and I just shoot through the windshield!

I like to shoot from the car when there is a good subject. I don't mind shooting through a window if it is clean and it is in the shade.