Thread: Flickr Question

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Flickr Question

Could someone please tell me how to makeit so that on flickr people cannot download my photos? I noticed others have it set up this way but I must be a blind photographer because right now mine is set so that anyone can download my photos and I cannot find how to change it.

One reason that I ask is I noticed a personon flickr has saved just about every single one one of my dog photos as a favorite. I'm trulyflattered but it just seems alittle excessive & got me to thinking ...how safe are our photos on there really?

I have started adding more photos to my own website which I haven't in awhile because it is so much easier to post them from flickr. Ever since we changed this website, I have been unable to load them here directly.

Denise

Re: Flickr Question

I just don
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

How am I going to finance my next lens, if I can
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

I'm trying to photoshop a rhinestone handbag around one of your dogs, suppose I should have asked first. []

Now that your dog has hit the Big Time you might have to start thinking about a manager and a security team. [H]

Only joking.

Good question. I use a free LR plugin to upload my images to flickr. There are plenty of settings in there too to automate your uploads, including privacy. If you're interested I could find a link for you. I guess that you just have to assume that anything you upload to the internet is potentially at risk. Even small images can be useful for someones website. Not looking at anybody here lol!

i believe there is an option to block certain flckr users. another option is to just share certain photos with friends and family only.

I reckon it
    An awful lot of electrons were terribly inconvenienced in the making of this post.
    Gear Photos