Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What did you shoot.....December 20th - Dec26th?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What did you shoot.....December 20th - Dec26th?

It has been raining here for two and a half weeks, localised serious flooding, but we are high and not dry.

The dogs have been stuck inside and are totally over this weather.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8272.IMG_5F00_5943_5F00_002.jpg[/img]

@50mm F2.8 1/50 sec ISO1600

Photo of me, Boxing day, I think I'm ready to rumble.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/600x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/1638.IMG_5F00_5962_5F00_HDR_5F00_003.jpg[/img]

@50mm F1.2 0.4sec ISO100

A bit of Nik HDR just to take the sweetness off me.

Thanks for viewing,

Steve
    Steve U
    Wine, Food and Photography Student and Connoisseur

Re: What did you shoot.....December 20th - Dec26th?

<center>

</center>

Top: A shot of my friend who is a Christian missionary in Zambia. I wanted an image that communicated the relationship he shares with his creator.

Bottom left: I was shooting a family's Christmas portrait and decided to grab a shot of the kid. Turned out to be one of my favorite Christmas-themed portraits.

Bottom right: We celebrated Christmas at Amber's parents' house. It was a rare white Christmas for us, and I dragged her outside to document the occasion. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Steve U

The dogs have been stuck inside and are totally over this weather.

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/8272.IMG_5F00_5943_5F00_002.jpg[/img]

I LOVE this photo and I can so feel their pain!

Rain for you, snow for me &amp; sorry but my dogs are LOVIN" IT!

Two weeks in a row, extraordinary goodfortune for me. This shot represents the most exciting 15 seconds of photography I've ever experienced. The first 8 seconds were spent stopping the car, dropping the coffee, and rolling down the window. Then I grabbed the camera, which I had preset for such a chance encounter (I learned that the hard way). The first three shots were blurry, and the next three were bang on. Then the wolf was gone. I spent the next few hours breathing heavilyinto a paper bag.

Black wolf, Banff National Park
    Canon 1D3, 300 mm f/2.8 lens, 1/2000 sec @ f/2.8, ISO 800

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2350._5F00_M3_5F00_4362_2D00_3.jpg[/img]

Beautiful picture as well as the story!

I believe the rapid raised level of epinephrine caused the first three blurred shots.

That

I was out with the little man weekend after Christmas, and of course brought a camera! I actually grabbed my 5D2 with my 50 1.2(haven't used the 5D2 much at all recently!!) Here are a couple shots...all shot at f1.2

I feel for everybody with all the rain...we've had quite a bit here in Santa Cruz( I know...relative!!). I really feel for the people on the East coast with all the snow and horrible horrible weather...although I just read in the paper here, that our Sierra's and Tahoe, have a snow pack of almost 200%, already.

Here is our Dog, Rajah, waiting for the ball...

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6523.Dajah-Roo-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

A little blown out in the clouds...oh well

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2744.Go-Kart-Reflection-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

Mason trying to climb the pole...and unsuccessful!!

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/4786.The-Sand-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

and the last one taken with 5D2 and 24-70 @ 2.8

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/6165.Blow_2E00__2E00_.-_2800_Large_2900_.jpg[/img]

From the Christmas Blizzard.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer

Two weeks in a row, extraordinary goodfortune for me. This shot represents the most exciting 15 seconds of photography I've ever experienced. The first 8 seconds were spent stopping the car, dropping the coffee, and rolling down the window. Then I grabbed the camera, which I had preset for such a chance encounter (I learned that the hard way). The first three shots were blurry, and the next three were bang on. Then the wolf was gone. I spent the next few hours breathing heavilyinto a paper bag.

Black wolf, Banff National Park
    Canon 1D3, 300 mm f/2.8 lens, 1/2000 sec @ f/2.8, ISO 800

[img]/resized-image.ashx/__size/800x0/__key/CommunityServer-Discussions-Components-Files/15/2350._5F00_M3_5F00_4362_2D00_3.jpg[/img]
    <div style="CLEAR: both"]</div>

Jon, Wow, what a great catch--As a wannabe wildlife photographer,I fully appreciate the combination of luck and skill it took to get this shot---and a black wolf at that---I am really impressed with the exposure with a black wolf and white snow, you managed to get the detail in both. Great day for you, congrats.

Bob
    Bob

Hey thanks Bob! I'm still giddy just reliving that moment. The only post-processing I did was to drop the contrast slightly, which helped to bring out some of the detail like you pointed out. As a side note, the shot has been selected as photo of the month on this site: http://www.canadiannaturephotographer.com/and will be published in the spring edition of Outdoor Photography Canada magazine. My 15 seconds of drama has turned into 15 minutes of fame I guess. But now it's a new year, and the slate is clean... so it's time to get out shooting again and see if I can find somekeepers for 2011. Best of luck in your own excursions!

Wow, Congrats!

I just recently picked up my first publication of Outdoor Photographer, I
    Adobe, give us courage to edit what photos must be altered, serenity to delete what cannot be helped, and the insight to know the one from the other.
    Canon EOS 7D - Canon EF-s 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM - Canon 100mm f/2.8L IS Macro - PCB Einsteins & PW Triggers