Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2017 Image of the Week #43

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

2017 Image of the Week #43

Welcome to TDP forum's "Image of the Week" competition. Each week photographers may submit their images to compete for the title of "Image of the Week." Weekly winners will then compete on a monthly, quarterly and finally in an annual poll for the title of "TDP Image of the Year."

• There will be only one weekly winner.
    • This entry period for Week 43 will be from Monday October 16th through/including Sunday October 22nd.
    • Please supply a title for your image.
    • This is an open competition for landscape, portrait, architectural, macro and any other appropriate photographic style.
    • Images should have been either recently taken or processed.
    • Enter as many times as you would like.

This week will be judged by Tounis.

Good luck!!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 10-17-2017 at 09:30 PM.

"Vedetta"

This guy ("Frosone") was watching for dangers while other was eating. Really a good guy!

Vedetta
    by Andrea Magnelli, su Flickr
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

I am back from the last trip and finally able to process a couple of photos. I can't thank Jonathan enough for his local expertise. The first one was taken with the two of us walking near a local elk herd.

"My Good Side"

1L0A8940 by kayaker72, on Flickr

This second shot was taken Friday night. My co-worker and I decided to make a crazy drive to Athabasca Falls (3.5 hrs from Banff), but that way we could drive through the Icefields parkway (aptly named, it was blizzard like on the way back) which I hadn't seen since I was a kid. I have a couple of shots of the falls I am still working on, but let's just say, now that I've been there, I would not consider the vantage point where the "amazing" shots I had seen online where photographed to be all that safe and definitely not from one of the approved locations.

So, on the way back, we stopped by this view point and I shot this of the Athabasca River:

"Consolation Prize"

1L0A9083 by kayaker72, on Flickr

field of dreams
    _DIV9392 by Stuart Edwards, on Flickr
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

Last weekend there was a local trail running competition spiced up with some obstacles.

"Cold Water"

_O5A4203_1080h by cls-70, on Flickr

Yesterday I had some fun with a glass and some red wine (both during and after shooting ;-).

"Saturday"

_O5A4403_1080 by cls-70, on Flickr

thought i'd get one in on the last day!

~Dragonfly in Autumn~

"Bleecker Street"

IMG_5676WM by gerard melillo, on Flickr

Sorry for the little delay... I'm trying to get ready for my wedding and I forgot a few things in the process.

After looking at this week's pictures, I wish I had completely forgotten. That's probably the best selection of pictures I have seen since I started judging here on TDP. I went back and forth many times, especially between gerard's "Bleecker Street", sedwards "field of dream", ZGTphoto's "dragonfly in autumn", cls "Saturday" and Brant's "Consolation prize". In the end "Saturday" gets the nod, because I think it's a great picture and something we're less used to see on this forum. And unfortunately I really have to pick a winner .
    Congrats cls !

Congrats Cls!

great pick Tounis!