Thread: Parrot - 10D image sharpnes

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Parrot - 10D image sharpnes

Hello Guys,

I've been reading the digital picture reviews for quite some time now. First and foremost the lens reviews.

I've switched to use my EOS 10D in M mode (from Av & P) to learn more about exposures and photography in general. Since i've switched i find it very dificult to judge my images when it comes to image sharpnes. so i ask you guys to tell me if this image shown here is as sharp as it can be.

Shot details: Canon EOS 10D / EF 100mm f/2.8 USM MACRO @2.8 and 1/250s, ISO 100

I focused on the eye of the parrot using the center AF field. The light was not that good (cloudy day and the parrot was in the shade). I used no tripod. I would have liked to stop the aperture down to like 4 to open up the FoD but the light was too bad and i didn't want to use a slower shutter speed for i was afraid that the birds movement would blur the image.

Thanks for any comment on the image!

Cheers

Daniel[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.28.76/parrot.JPG[/img]

Re: Parrot - 10D image sharpnes

It looks pretty sharp to me in the area you specified. I think that the shallow DoFsomewhat beguiles its sharpness. Just my two cents.
    5D mark III, 50D, 17-40 f4L, 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4L ​IS, 28 f1.8, 50 f1.8, 85 f1.8, 100 f2.8 Macro

Re: Parrot - 10D image sharpnes

Like Dave said.

Another thing is: are you shooting in RAW? If so, please realise that there will be no in-camera sharpening and you will need to do additional sharpness in postprocessing. Sometimes people forget that. Just a small tip, in case you are shooting raw.