Thread: Canon 70-200 f4 USM IS

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Canon 70-200 f4 USM IS

I ordered a 70-200 f4 about 3 weeks ago here in switzerland by an offical Canon distributor. First it said, they are ot of stock, but that they will get new lenses by the end of January, then it said beginning of february, and now the say middle of february. Is that just a local problem, or do you heard about such problems in other places (which could point to a problem at Canon, or maybe at an upgraded lens)?

Re: Canon 70-200 f4 USM IS

If Canon were upgrading the lens, they likely would have announced it along side the 70-200mm f/2.8 IS II. The lens you're referring to is newer than the f/2.8 mark I, so I don't think they're ready to update it yet. Instead of asking the distributer when you should be expecting the lens, ask them why it's been delayed. Most reputable retailers are quite honest when it comes to inventory problems.

Oh, don't worry it's definitely not getting replaced. It was introduced in 2006 (that's very new!) and has very strong sales and reviews.

Quote Originally Posted by bburns223
    Oh, don't worry it's definitely not getting replaced. It was introduced in 2006 (that's very new!) and has very strong sales and reviews.

Totally agree. The 70-200 f/4 IS is an amazing lens (one of the sharpest zooms out there). There's not much Canon can upgrade on it. There's a long list of older L lenses that Canon would want to upgrade first...

Tony